Premed 101 Forums

Date of Offers

So, I just had my interview today in Thunder Bay. Am I correct in my understanding that we will not hear back regarding offers until May 15th?

You are correct. Unless someone can verify that historically they have released the offers earlier.

I interviewed yesterday.

Beef

Hmm looking at the accepted/rejected sticky thread it would appear people last year heard as early as May 7th so there is a possibility of earlier offers.

I feel the interview went well, nailed several questions, average at a few and poorly on 1-2, stumbling through, so we will see.

Hmm looking at the accepted/rejected sticky thread it would appear people last year heard as early as May 7th so there is a possibility of earlier offers.

I feel the interview went well, nailed several questions, average at a few and poorly on 1-2, stumbling through, so we will see.

I believe the date that offers were made last year was earlier, May 5th.

thanks for your honesty about interviews Real Beef. your experience echoes mine. of course after they were done i had lots more to say!

just got back home to yellowknife, it is beautiful and sunny, a balmy -8!

good luck to everyone today and next week in sudbury.

hey eoosen, just noticed u live in the knife, have a safe trip back

I also thought some of the questions were straight forward but that a few(2-3) were just out to lunch...we'll have to wait and see!

The date is set each year - it is already announced. The actual date only varies because there are some key admissions related conferences that are also in May. Sometimes there are conflicts so they move the date. There is no guessing on this one :)

This year it will be the 15th.

The date is set each year - it is already announced. The actual date only varies because there are some key admissions related conferences that are also in May. Sometimes there are conflicts so they move the date. There is no guessing on this one :)

This year it will be the 15th.

Thanks for the information. The 15th it is then.

Yes, there is no chance of offers coming out early. I had actually expected them to come out on the 17th this year (as I assumed that they generally sent them out on a Thursday, and last year they were a week early due an admissions conference).

Happy to hear the the interview went well RB. Last year I thought that I did terrible on 1 station, not much better on another, and the other 8 were split in between average and very good. This year I don't think I did poorly on any of them, so hopefully the interviewers felt the same and that will enough to move me from very close last year to an offer an admission this year.

Wayward: I did a bit of a post-search and read that you finished at number 3 on the waiting list last year. This is your year. Hope to be in your class. I am hoping my whitened teeth, nice smile and strong handshake made up for some of my less optimally answered questions.

Wayward: I did a bit of a post-search and read that you finished at number 3 on the waiting list last year. This is your year. Hope to be in your class. I am hoping my whitened teeth, nice smile and strong handshake made up for some of my less optimally answered questions.

Yes, in the end I was 3rd. I feel that I worked hard to improve every aspect of my application including the interview.

I am sure that your answers were fine - and I know you have a lot of experience so I wouldn't be too worried. Keep in mind that you are competing against other people, so those scenarios that you feel didn't go well for you may have been equally tough for most people interviewing.

Yes, in the end I was 3rd. I feel that I worked hard to improve every aspect of my application including the interview.

I am sure that your answers were fine - and I know you have a lot of experience so I wouldn't be too worried. Keep in mind that you are competing against other people, so those scenarios that you feel didn't go well for you may have been equally tough for most people interviewing.

Good luck you guys! I've got my fingers crossed for you Wayward :)

Thank you! I certainly hope for the best for you and others. The nice thing is that there is nothing more for me to do this year. It is all in NOSM's hands.

My sentiments exactly Wayward son. I previously applied in 2009 and made it to the waitlist for the waitlist. I felt like this time around I felt great with every station compared to before when I had mixed feelings on a few. Here's to hoping for good news but yes, knowing it's all out of our hands now...pfew

Archived