Premed 101 Forums

Making changes to the application?

Hey guys...kind of a silly question, I know. But I paid the account fee and checked off the acknowledgements, and I can't go back and uncheck them now (not that I would, but the fact that I can't is troubling me).

So just to double check...when I hit save and continue on this application in all other areas (personal info, research pubs, academic awards, etc), is it also going to lock in my answers and make it unchangeable?

Hey guys...kind of a silly question, I know. But I paid the account fee and checked off the acknowledgements, and I can't go back and uncheck them now (not that I would, but the fact that I can't is troubling me).

So just to double check...when I hit save and continue on this application in all other areas (personal info, research pubs, academic awards, etc), is it also going to lock in my answers and make it unchangeable?

No, just don't hit submit application :) You can go back and make change after you've saved.

Phew thanks!

Um, please bear with me in my moment of neuroticness, but if I do happen to hit submit application, does it just...submit? or will it ask me "do you wish to submit?" and I have to confirm my submission?

Thanks in advance :)

I believe there is a confirmation. You'll have to be the remainder of your application fee.

Sorry to double post but I have another question about the application...I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to start a whole new thread though.

Under academic awards, can someone clarify exactly what this means? Does it have to be an award won through an academic institution (like an entrance scholarship)? Or can be it be an award based on good academic grades? For example, I received an award from a local business where I live (they give out scholarships to high school and uni kids every year). The application consisted of them reviewing my transcript. It was based mostly on marks, but there was also an essay component, and I had to send in letters of rec. Would this count as an academic award?

Edit: Just to clarify, I have read the help guide, but I'm still a little confused because this was actually called a "scholarship" in the official letter I was sent when I received it; this is what seems to make it seem like an academic award. But I suppose it could be considered awarded partly on non-academic awards since I did send in letters + essay. Can anyone clarify or advise if they were in a similar situation?

Thanks!

Sorry to double post but I have another question about the application...I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to start a whole new thread though.

Under academic awards, can someone clarify exactly what this means? Does it have to be an award won through an academic institution (like an entrance scholarship)? Or can be it be an award based on good academic grades? For example, I received an award from a local business where I live (they give out scholarships to high school and uni kids every year). The application consisted of them reviewing my transcript. It was based mostly on marks, but there was also an essay component, and I had to send in letters of rec. Would this count as an academic award?

Edit: Just to clarify, I have read the help guide, but I'm still a little confused because this was actually called a "scholarship" in the official letter I was sent when I received it; this is what seems to make it seem like an academic award. But I suppose it could be considered awarded partly on non-academic awards since I did send in letters + essay. Can anyone clarify or advise if they were in a similar situation?

Thanks!

Hey crackle,

I never did clarify, but I assumed that it also meant awards based on academic grades and enlisted some of these scholarships that were externally awarded. Did not seem to be a problem!

Hope this helps!

Okay thanks so much! I was thinking along those lines as well. I'm glad to hear that wasn't a problem for you :) .

Also on the Help Guide it said to put it in the best category possible but that we won't be penalized if we put it in the wrong category. So I think it should be okay.

And also when I said clarify in my last message what I meant was I didn't want anyone to think that I hadn't read the guide and was just being lazy and asking on here...so I thought I'd clarify that quickly so you can tell I've done my homework!:P

Okay thanks so much! I was thinking along those lines as well. I'm glad to hear that wasn't a problem for you :) .

Also on the Help Guide it said to put it in the best category possible but that we won't be penalized if we put it in the wrong category. So I think it should be okay.

And also when I said clarify in my last message what I meant was I didn't want anyone to think that I hadn't read the guide and was just being lazy and asking on here...so I thought I'd clarify that quickly so you can tell I've done my homework!:P

It's all right, one step at a time :) We're here to help.

Archived