Premed 101 Forums

Western Marks during Application process

Hey I'll be applying to western based on 1 very good (4th) year above the cutoff (hopefully) and will be taking a 5th year in hopes of conditional acceptance. Thus, I'll apply september before my 5th year and the application process will go throughout the year.

When my first semester 5th year marks are released (during application process) would I be able to forward them to western? Since its conditional on my fourth year I would just hope to should them half a transcript full of A's and A+'s during the application process when those first semester marks are released.

Thanks.

Hey I'll be applying to western based on 1 very good (4th) year above the cutoff (hopefully) and will be taking a 5th year in hopes of conditional acceptance. Thus, I'll apply september before my 5th year and the application process will go throughout the year.

When my first semester 5th year marks are released (during application process) would I be able to forward them to western? Since its conditional on my fourth year I would just hope to should them half a transcript full of A's and A+'s during the application process when those first semester marks are released.

Thanks.

Hey Helpmemedstudents,

I was in the exact same situation. I applied with my 4th year marks, and then got a conditional offer based on my having a GPA of above 3.7 in the 5th year. I'm not sure whether they have access to your first semester marks (seeing as you go to Western), but regardless they'll just ask you to send your transcript once they send you an offer of admission :)

I don't think they see those marks - they offer you a conditional acceptance based on your existing years and then as long as the last year is over 3.7 at the end of it, you're good (I think).

Yeah they won't see them - it is too difficult for schools to process those grades before interviews.

Hey Helpmemedstudents,

I was in the exact same situation. I applied with my 4th year marks, and then got a conditional offer based on my having a GPA of above 3.7 in the 5th year. I'm not sure whether they have access to your first semester marks (seeing as you go to Western), but regardless they'll just ask you to send your transcript once they send you an offer of admission :)

Wow that is awesome to know that someone in the same position got in. Do you have any tips; did having a really good mcat help?

Archived