Premed 101 Forums

So about that get together...?

Guest loud noises

Guest loud noises

Hey guys,

So only three more weeks left? I'm getting more & more excited!:D

We said we would plan a get together right before school started & I wanted to know whether we're still on for that!

It would be awesome if a whole bunch of us could come!

Guest razanoor

when are we planning to do it...and where. Lets get confirmations first on how many want to attend and then we can plan something concrete

Guest loud noises

Earls sounds good...but how about Saturday night? Just so we can be well rested for the first day! (Some of us need a good 10 hours sleep.....like me:o )

Guest ComplacentTragedy

I would prefer Sunday night, just cause my rez doesn't even open until the twenty freakin eighth.

It'll only be a meet up anyway, not so much a late night thing.. so I'm sure we can get our 'ten' hours of sleep... lucky.

So all we need is some Edmonton guy to set up a reservation for perhaps 10 at Earls that night at 6.

Guest loud noises

I'm on top of the reservation...I'll be by Earls today.

How does everyone feel about inviting people that will be in our class, but are not part of this forum? I think we can do a bigger meet & greet this way...but yeah.

PS. What's with the all of a sudden ad insertion on this forum? :rolleyes

PPS. Please don't make fun of my needing 10 hours sleep...I know, it makes me feel like I'm 10 again:rollin

Guest razanoor

I take it that we are talking about Sunday, August 27, 2006 at 6PM at Earls. Let's tally up how many people we have so far so 'loud noises' will have an easier time making a reservation. Including me, thats 5 now. Whoever adds their name to this, please update the tally in your message.

Guest konverse

hey peeps

so the meetup sounds good

but yanno, i'm with loud noises on this one... perhaps we can have it for saturday evening at 6pm. it's not that if we had it on sunday it would be a late nite or anything, but it could be more relaxed this way on saturday with no time pressures, people looking at watches etc etc. plus if people fancy going elsewhere after, in this way the option is open...

personally sunday (esp in the evening/nite) i'd like to be doing my own thing, laying low, getting things together etc..

but group consensus is tha rule!

i'm in either way -- that makes it 6! :D

Guest loud noises

Alright, so I just walked past Earls & asked to make a reservation, and apparently b/c it's a small restaurant they don't take reso's. But, I was told that we wouldn't have a problem accomodating a group of 10-15...we might not all get to sit at the same table, but 2 tables right next to one another isn't a big deal.

So I guess now it's just a matter of figuring out when & what time exactly, but hey, we still have 3 weeks for that!

Obesity is an epidemic - like polio.

lol and like the bubonic plague..................

anyway.

whazzup peeps?

fancy little msg board we have here huh

so this whole thing we call "med school" is starting soon, and we were talking about the Earls Meetup. what has been decided? i know it was between either saturday or sunday eve... i'm putting my vote in for sat. it's more of a personal preference really, i'd feel more relaxed and better able to engage in leisurely banter... :P

let's hear it!

That sounds good to me!

Ok, so I'm kind of laughing at all of us sleepy people. You know, we are all worried about getting enough sleep for the first day of class...but then what kind of profession are we joining anyway! Once we get into the hospital we are never going to sleep again! I've alreayd decided to cut down from 10 to 8 hours, I figure I can shave off the last 7.5 over the next 4 years. :D

Archived