This is what I know so far:

UofT: Dec 1

UWO: Dec 1

NOSM: Oct 1

Queens: Nov 1

Ottawa Dec 1

Mac: ?

Looks right? anyone know mac?

The OMSAS handbook says Oct 1 but with some leeway . . .

(Under Application Procedures)

"By October 1, 2012, the applicant must ensure that the three Confidential Assessment forms from the referees are received at OMSAS. While it is the applicant’s responsibility to make the request in sufficient time for this deadline to be met, Confidential Assessment forms that are received at OMSAS after the deadline will be accepted."

This is what I know so far:

UofT: Dec 1

UWO: Dec 1

NOSM: Oct 1

Queens: Nov 1

Ottawa Dec 1

Mac: ?

Looks right? anyone know mac?

McMaster replied to my inquiries saying that they have no specific due date set after the OMSAS due date (Oct 1st), but that they do have a "grace period". Wouldn't tell me when that grace period ends.

Also, one question: If we are to abide by these individual dates instead of the OMSAS deadline, do we have to send our LOR+CAFs directly to the medical schools? Or will it still be okay to send a single copy to OMSAS only after the Oct. 1st deadline?

McMaster replied to my inquiries saying that they have no specific due date set after the OMSAS due date (Oct 1st), but that they do have a "grace period". Wouldn't tell me when that grace period ends.

Also, one question: If we are to abide by these individual dates instead of the OMSAS deadline, do we have to send our LOR+CAFs directly to the medical schools? Or will it still be okay to send a single copy to OMSAS only after the Oct. 1st deadline?

I apologize, I didn't read the OMSAS Booklet carefully enough: for those who have this same question in the future, you can go to the "Medical School Information" section of the booklet, where the reference letter requirements for Toronto and Queen's will state that they expect the LOR to be delivered to OMSAS by their respective deadlines (Dec 1st and Nov 1st, I believe). I presume it's the same situation for other universities that have separate deadlines. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I apologize, I didn't read the OMSAS Booklet carefully enough: for those who have this same question in the future, you can go to the "Medical School Information" section of the booklet, where the reference letter requirements for Toronto and Queen's will state that they expect the LOR to be delivered to OMSAS by their respective deadlines (Dec 1st and Nov 1st, I believe). I presume it's the same situation for other universities that have separate deadlines. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Received by; not postmarked.

The grace period doesn't have a grace period.

Send to OMSAS. Let them do their job.

Can somebody PLEASE confirm the due date for McMaster LOR?

My reference will mail it today, I know it is very late.

Cheers

One of my references can't send it till mid-October, and they said it was fine when I asked. Not sure if that is general policy or a special case given my circumstances though.

We've already established the fact that it needs to be postmarked by Oct 1st. Not received by 1st.

OMSAS handbook: "By October 1, 2012, the applicant must ensure that the three Confidential Assessment forms from the referees are received at OMSAS. While it is the applicant’s responsibility to make the request in sufficient time for this deadline to be met, Confidential Assessment forms that are received at OMSAS after the deadline will be accepted."

OMSAS handbook: "By October 1, 2012, the applicant must ensure that the three Confidential Assessment forms from the referees are received at OMSAS. While it is the applicant’s responsibility to make the request in sufficient time for this deadline to be met, Confidential Assessment forms that are received at OMSAS after the deadline will be accepted."

just sayin that's just for mac, i think?

Archived