Premed 101 Forums

Calgary Invites 2013

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hotel Alma is on the UofC main campus. As well, there are a few hotels on the Banff Trail drag that are withing walking/cheap cab distance to the hospital. :)

I second the Banff Trail hotels. I already have mine booked. :)

Booking.com search for: Calgary, sort by location and choose McMahon stadium.

I booked the day I got the invite and prices have gone up by $25/night already!

I kept on getting an error message when trying to schedule for the 9:30 spot on the 2nd, but I managed to get one at 12 pm but my invite screen is saying

" Your interview is scheduled for 3/2/2013 at 12:00AM "

I'm guessing this is just a glitch? Anyone else have this problem?

yea probably a glitch.

I got about 15 error messages! impossibru!

See you guys on the 24th!

I kept on getting an error message when trying to schedule for the 9:30 spot on the 2nd, but I managed to get one at 12 pm but my invite screen is saying

" Your interview is scheduled for 3/2/2013 at 12:00AM "

I'm guessing this is just a glitch? Anyone else have this problem?

double check using firefox.. i had a similar issue when using safari.. can't guarantee it was the browser or just the server getting hounded

Wow, and I thought I was unlucky with just the 1 error screen! Guess I lucked out because I needed March 2. Anybody else going at midnight ;)? I emailed to make sure that it is noon...although, as a previous poster said, a midnight session would be interesting!

See some of you in Calgary!

I got my preferred time slot on the 24th. Unfortunately, that weekend is the biggest festival of the year in the Yukon, and I have to miss part of it. I will try to bring a limited supply of gold-rush-style garters.:P

More OOP (or out-of-town) Calgary info- this is just based on my trip there last summer. I'm not an expert, so maybe a local can correct me if need be?

From the airport you can catch a special bus to downtown. It's $8 one-way.

http://www.calgarytransit.com/pdf/Route300_Airport.pdf

From downtown you get on the Ctrain (direction- Crowfoot)

The stop for Banff Trail is where a bunch of hotels are and they are about 2km from the health sciences centre. The stop for "university" is NOT where the medical campus is.

Kyla is correct, that's the best way to get to Banff Trail from the airport. You definitely do not want to take a cab, it will be insanely expensive to do so as the airport is on the other side of the (large, sprawling) city haha.

If anyone has any other questions about the city, I've lived here for quite some time and can be of service!

Not exactly. You can however buy a book of tickets, usually a pack of 10, that will probably last you a week depending on how often you're taking transit. The book of 10 is $30, so you don't save any money (as the normal ticket price is $3.00), but I suppose it's a bit more convenient/you don't have to have a bunch of change filling your pockets.

If you're doing a ton of trips on one day you can also get a daily pass for $9.00, but it's probably not worth it haha.

Invited, lucky to get my first choice timeslot March 2nd @ 12PM.

IP

GPA: 3.87 undergrad, 4.0 grad

MSc Thesis

VR: 9

EC: strong academic awards, great experiences in grad school including international conferences, a couple entries for travel and hobbies, 500 hours volunteering & leadership, 2000 hours paid work in healthcare.

Congrats to all those invited. For the unfortunate individuals with strong applications who are confused about rejection, I agree that the way you write up your EC's is crucial despite impressive content.

Does anyone know if we're supposed to be able to see which time slot we signed up for after the fact? I got the confirmation screen after I hit confirm, but I got an error message after that and it doesn't tell me anything about having a time slot when I go to the scheduler like UBC's system did...just want to make sure it worked...-.-

Does anyone know if we're supposed to be able to see which time slot we signed up for after the fact? I got the confirmation screen after I hit confirm, but I got an error message after that and it doesn't tell me anything about having a time slot when I go to the scheduler like UBC's system did...just want to make sure it worked...-.-

you should see it at the very bottom of your status page

When you hit the interview panel again it will make you click through the "I acknowledge that I have read and understood... continue to interview scheduling" and on the next screen it will tell you the confirmed time/date.

Edit: or that ^

When you hit the interview panel again it will make you click through the "I acknowledge that I have read and understood... continue to interview scheduling" and on the next screen it will tell you the confirmed time/date.

Edit: or that ^

It doesn't say that for me so I guess my suspicions were correct and it didn't work...T.T

Archived