Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to Match Day

Donatello

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't emphasize enough that you should take match day off. It's the most important day of med school. You are either going to be very happy and want to celebrate, or crushingly disappointed and not want to work. In fact, I also recommend taking the next day off too, so you can party match day night (or drink your sorrows away...).

I tell all my med students the same thing. If they show up match day, I immediately send them home.

I can't emphasize enough that you should take match day off. It's the most important day of med school. You are either going to be very happy and want to celebrate, or crushingly disappointed and not want to work. In fact, I also recommend taking the next day off too, so you can party match day night (or drink your sorrows away...).

I tell all my med students the same thing. If they show up match day, I immediately send them home.

ha - we have mandatory classes that day at Western, and unless recently the following day as well.

still I think there is merit to what you are saying. It is a very strange day - I think I will be seeking some calm distant location to check my results.

ha - we have mandatory classes that day at Western, and unless recently the following day as well.

still I think there is merit to what you are saying. It is a very strange day - I think I will be seeking some calm distant location to check my results.

Given the fact it's Western, I'm surprised they don't have mandatory beatings for you guys that day.

I see Western hasn't changed. ;) It gives you character!

hehehe - the 36 hours around match day will be pretty intense at Western (as with every where else) there are at least 3 major parties going on to distract us - including the night before unmatch party I believe (dress up as what you will be doing if you don't match).

McGill scheduled the day off for all of us. awww ya!

12.5 days!

I couldn't imagine the algorithm taking more than a few hours to run (if not minutes)... i wonder if they already have preliminary match results and they just have to hand verify everything... opinions?

Yeah as I understand it they do :) We asked that question to them last year.

I have some colleagues that got an email stating they matched today (they interviewed for FM and IM in Ontario). Did anyone else get this email? Does this mean if we didn't get a email today that said we matched that we didn't match?

I'm really shocked they didn't announce that today would be the day we found out if we matched or not.

I have some colleagues that got an email stating they matched today (they interviewed for FM and IM in Ontario). Did anyone else get this email? Does this mean if we didn't get a email today that said we matched that we didn't match?

I'm really shocked they didn't announce that today would be the day we found out if we matched or not.

ahhh what? You would think this board would be a buzz if there was a lot of that :) Strange!

If they went through NRMP, that may be the case.

If they went through CaRMS as a CMG, they're liars.

Archived