Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to Match Day

Donatello

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curious, instead of excited, would probably have been a better word.

ah yes probably so :) I mean I know I will be pouring over the statistics after to see where we stand. There are a lot of shifts this year and it will be nice to see where we stand in the end.

I'm excited to see the # of unmatched CMGs. This cohort is the largest in history and it went up by a big number from last year.

The total spots increased by 80, and the year before that it went up by more than 100, and the year before that saw a bigger jump than our year. There was a guy that plotted the competitiveness of each specialty and the changes were minimal. Every year before ours was "the largest in history". The upcoming year will be no different.

Kindly remove your unfounded pessimism from this thread :).

I won't know who specifically unmatched (nor will I care too much) but I am excited to see the statistics and the trends. They excite me. Got a problem?

People applying this year have vested interest in fellow applicants and wont necessarily be excited to see who gets unmatched. That is all that I was saying. As for the statistics, I also find them interesting to prowl through.

Archived