Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to Match Day

Donatello

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has been anwered. How do they notify us? Do we all login? Do they email us our match? Won't the system crash if we all login to CaRMS at precisely the same moment?

apparently it crashes almost every year. I find that so ridiculous, cause theres what, 2400 medical students in canada? add all the program directors and all, say 3000 people try to access the site at the same time, its not that much of a big deal. The better have upgraded their servers with all the money they charge us

apparently it crashes almost every year. I find that so ridiculous, cause theres what, 2400 medical students in canada? add all the program directors and all, say 3000 people try to access the site at the same time, its not that much of a big deal. The better have upgraded their servers with all the money they charge us

I can't remember it crashing when I checked mine a couple years ago. It was pretty slow though.

Maybe it's intentional to heighten suspense.

I can't remember it crashing when I checked mine a couple years ago. It was pretty slow though.

Maybe it's intentional to heighten suspense.

Ha - now probably just not worth it to upgrade servers to handle peck load once a year for 3 mins. Cheaper to simply have us wait as required.

I am not even going to check my at noon - I would rather login 5 mins after than stare at a locked up page while time grinds to a halt for 3 mins going on forever :)

we don't make it any easier either - it isn't 3000 people, it 3000 people making multiple requests by spamming the refresh key over and over again in desparation. As far as the server is concerned each refresh is the same as a brand new user.

Archived