Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to Match Day

Donatello

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update there was a major computer glitch. My husband actually matched to Internal and went unmatched for 2.5 hours on the system

Same thing happened here - very, very stressful for those involved.

Really CARMS - you have one job to do - and I cannot say you did a very good job at it.

Just called my school and things are scrambly. Sounds like there are some shocker no matches. Myself included.

Strong application

Decent interviews

Ranked 12 Family Practice programs in 2 provinces

No match.

Floored.

Update. I am a victim of the ol' "you didn't match but you actually matched to your number 1" trick.

That sucked. Roller coaster of emotions. I end up with my top choice so all ends well, but yikes what a blunder by CaRMS.

Update. I am a victim of the ol' "you didn't match but you actually matched to your number 1" trick.

That sucked. Roller coaster of emotions. I end up with my top choice so all ends well, but yikes what a blunder by CaRMS.

you know I really hope crap like this gets the attention it deserves - this is a huge indescribable blunder.

you know I really hope crap like this gets the attention it deserves - this is a huge indescribable blunder.

Yeah it really sucked. I still feel raped. I am coming out of the fog though, especially since I got an apology from CaRMS today. That was nice.

Dear Me,

As you have already been notified by phone, between 12:00 and 14:00 ET on March 5, 2013 there was an error in the way your match results for the 2013 R-1 Main Residency Match were displayed. During this time, your match results page in CaRMS Online displayed text indicating you were unmatched when, in fact, you matched to the program below.

University of British Columbia / Family Medicine / Vancouver Island - Strathcona

We understand that Match Day is a stressful time and we deeply regret any added anxiety caused by this display error. Please accept our sincere apologies. If you wish to discuss this further please contact me at xxxremovedxxx.

Sincerely,

No real explanation for what happened, but at least they acknowledged it.

Archived