Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

Taking a break from studying for my final two exams. Feeling a "good sore" from the nice, long run I did yesterday. Nice to finally have some spring weather here.

I thought I was especially "good sore" after P90x on saturday, but now I have a sore throat. :(

I am writing what may be the last final of my undergrad in 3 hrs... :D

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just got my MCAT books in the mail.... the examkrackers "complete study package"

uh I think there's a mistake; this looks like grade 10 science and each section only has like 150 pages of material.... did I get a super condensed review or is this actually all you have to know?

So I just got my MCAT books in the mail.... the examkrackers "complete study package"

uh I think there's a mistake; this looks like grade 10 science and each section only has like 150 pages of material.... did I get a super condensed review or is this actually all you have to know?

Adenine - Thymine, Guanine - ______ ;).

I am reviewing all the MCAT books too and I am a little confused as well. I wouldn't say grade 10..but it seems to be a little easier than what I was expecting (of course if you're coming from a science-related undergrad, that is to be expected).

I am reviewing all the MCAT books too and I am a little confused as well. I wouldn't say grade 10..but it seems to be a little easier than what I was expecting (of course if you're coming from a science-related undergrad, that is to be expected).

And yet science kids alll over struggle with getting a 30...

LMFAO your signature

Adenine - Thymine, Guanine - ______ ;).

CYTOSINE!!

Yeah the material's like 11-12/a bit of 1st year I see in here as I flip through (other than orgo obviously) but the book's format looks like something you'd see in early high school

Uh yeah I don't see why people have trouble doing well on this as science majors. I know at least half of this stuff like the back of my hand, having just finished second year biology

I think that's because they are not stand alone questions. You have to read the passages and most of the answers are inferred from them, and not previous knowledge.

Speaking of EK, I need to order my books for the summer too!

My friend's husband was running in the Marathon today. They were standing right in front of where the first explosion was only minutes before it happened.

I have a number of friends in Boston and while many are relieved that those they know are okay, I can't imagine the terror they must be experiencing at what is happening to their city.

LMFAO your signature

CYTOSINE!!

Yeah the material's like 11-12/a bit of 1st year I see in here as I flip through (other than orgo obviously) but the book's format looks like something you'd see in early high school

Uh yeah I don't see why people have trouble doing well on this as science majors. I know at least half of this stuff like the back of my hand, having just finished second year biology

That right there..you should never have said... :P EK's the way to go though!:D Good luck studying!!!

My friend's husband was running in the Marathon today. They were standing right in front of where the first explosion was only minutes before it happened.

I have a number of friends in Boston and while many are relieved that those they know are okay, I can't imagine the terror they must be experiencing at what is happening to their city.

Prayers for Boston.

bashing others for keeping victims in their prayers/thoughts achieve even less.

How was that bashing?

What happened today was truly horrifying and cowardly.

What I'm saying is that taking action (donating, supporting victims) is more important than "praying".

Clearly, there are different beliefs at play here, which I 100% respect. I just wanted to remind people that no matter where you are you can effectively contribute and provide aid to victims via such actions as donation.

How was that bashing?

What happened today was truly horrifying and cowardly.

What I'm saying is that taking action (donating, supporting victims) is more important than "praying".

Clearly, there are different beliefs at play here, which I 100% respect. I just wanted to remind people that no matter where you are you can effectively contribute and provide aid to victims via such actions as donation.

obviously your post was to belittle those who were keeping the victims in their thoughts through prayers. you have shown no respect there.

if you just kept the comments to yourself and posted the donation link, that would be a different story. know the difference.

obviously your post was to belittle those who were keeping the victims in their thoughts through prayers. you have shown no respect there.

if you just kept the comments to yourself and posted the donation link, that would be a different story. know the difference.

I'm sorry you took it that way chunkz!

Verbal reasoning note to self #1: Every time a sentence starts with "obviously".......

... and on the other side of the world: 51 Iraqi's dead, over 300 injured. Oh, well.

Not fair, that pretty much happens on a daily basis and as sad as it is, the reality is that it's basically expected to happen. This on the other hand.... doesn't really happen all that often.

I had several friends running Boston. Although I haven't heard from all of them, the marathon tracking site says that they finished the race, so I'm hoping that means they are okay.

My thoughts and prayers are with all those affected (and yes, I will be doing something more "practical" to help out as well - as a member of a very active running community, we will be doing something to help out, as we all know at least one person who was running Boston.)

Prayers don't achieve anything.

If you want to make a difference, take action and donate.

http://www.redcross.org/support/donating-fundraising/donations

*** In your opinion.

I also think taking action by donating etc. is a great thing and I personally would love to do so if I was not 70k in debt with 0 income, trying to support my family. I will be giving back as much as I can when I can afford to.

On different note Good morning and I would just like to add that sourpatch2, if you are planning to be a physician you will have plenty of people with different beliefs that DO BELIEVE their prayers make a difference. Sometimes it is best to keep your opinion to yourself and respect others.:)

*** In your opinion.

I also think taking action by donating etc. is a great thing and I personally would love to do so if I was not 70k in debt with 0 income, trying to support my family. I will be giving back as much as I can when I can afford to.

You don't need to justify anything to anyone.

People can contribute in anyway that makes them feel that it may be of help. For some that's material (money), physical (blood), or spiritually.

... and on the other side of the world: 51 Iraqi's dead, over 300 injured. Oh, well.

drives me nuts when people say this when some sort of tragedy occurs ...

yes ppl die and tragedies happen all around the world every day, some choose to grieve about this than others, and some are affected more by this than others. get over it.. :mad:

Spring is in the air... grass is growing, birds are singing, premeds are buying EK books..

MCAT is harder than you think just because you can know the material, but they will ask you to apply it. With EK, did you get the 1001questions books? They are invaluable.

I know a few people running Boston too and all are OK. I have been wondering for a long time how I would react in a situation like that. WOuld I run away, to protect myself, run towards it, to help people, or wait (in relative safety) for it to be safe before I went in? I'm sorry if that's a self-centered way to think about it but I am just wondering.

It's really sad though. Especially the pictures of that little boy this morning.

Archived