Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. This micro course is the only one I'm worried about. It's worth the most out of my finals (40%), and I have the lowest mark in it going into the final (although I'm still currently sitting at a 90, so I guess I shouldn't complain). There's just SO many microorganisms, pathways, inhibitors, etc. to know, especially for secondary metabolites and intermediate metabolism. The volume of material (in terms of paper printouts - I have to print my notes to study them, can't stand studying off a screen) is twice that of my other courses (and one of those is a double-weighted course to boot!)

Oh well, I'm sure I'll do fine. To finish with an 80 (A-) I only need to get 65% on the final, and I think I can manage that much. And one A- won't hurt my GPA that much.

Can't wait until I get to the gym tonight to teach two classes - the stress relief will be very welcome.

Okay, time to get back at it. Good luck to everyone studying for finals!

All I have to say is honors thesis..and to be honest at this point I am soo done with this degree. Projects are finishing up and studying will happen soon..:rolleyes: what about you?

Honors thesis..Yupp, enough said haha.

This term went alright..Nothing crazy but nothing too special I supposel. Only thing I would have changed was I started volunteering at the hospital and only had one shift in before I had to stop because of some family stuff going on, but that's the way she goes, no excuses. Summer will be nice to have off!

WHO ELSE IS READY TO TACKLE EXAMS!????

we can do this!!

Yup! My first one is tomorrow. Bio. I got this. Just want an 85% on the exam and that's a breeze to pull off.

80MC and 40 labeling. Yup, I got this.

I've got an exam where I only need about 65% to pull a 90. Should I even study?

Of course, but I wouldn't personally study a ton if I knew the material well. My exams all count for 40-50% so I'm in the position of needing 80-85 on all of them. Fortunately I only have four.

Of course, but I wouldn't personally study a ton if I knew the material well. My exams all count for 40-50% so I'm in the position of needing 80-85 on all of them. Fortunately I only have four.

40-50% is substantial. This one is only 20% for me. And I'll study. I can't help it. It's like a compulsion.

Honors thesis..Yupp, enough said haha.

This term went alright..Nothing crazy but nothing too special I supposel. Only thing I would have changed was I started volunteering at the hospital and only had one shift in before I had to stop because of some family stuff going on, but that's the way she goes, no excuses. Summer will be nice to have off!

Yeah, some pretty ****ty family stuff here too and right before I head off to Newfoundland. I hope your family stuff isn't too bad, unfortunately life doesn't care what you have going on. Summer off eh? Working in the lab, I am thinking of pounding out the first half of the summer before I move and then taking it easy while I finish up the work (the computer/paper side of it) and get settled, we shall see but it is nice to see the end..of this.

40-50% is substantial. This one is only 20% for me. And I'll study. I can't help it. It's like a compulsion.

I know exactly how you feel. Last year I told myself I would just study to get 70%, and then obviously I studied as usual and ended up with 100%. Then I just felt l like I wasted my time >.<.

I know what you mean!

I have four finals. One worth 25%, two worth 35%, and one worth 40%.

Using the lovely spreadsheet available here: http://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/assistance/learning_services/mark_calculator/

I've figured out that I need 86%, 85%, 88% and 72% to finish with a 90 in those courses (respectively).

Our transcripts show our actual percentage grades, however, so, since those will be looked at for any dietetic internships/masters programs (my back-up plans), I've also calculated the marks I need for 95% in those courses. Those are a lot higher, obviously, and motivating me to study harder: 98, 93, 99, and 92. The 93 and 92 are achievable, the 98 and the 99, probably not so much (especially not the 98 in the exam worth 40% - it's an advanced micro course, with far too much memorization required, and the sheer volume of material is massive).

Yeah, some pretty ****ty family stuff here too and right before I head off to Newfoundland. I hope your family stuff isn't too bad, unfortunately life doesn't care what you have going on. Summer off eh? Working in the lab, I am thinking of pounding out the first half of the summer before I move and then taking it easy while I finish up the work (the computer/paper side of it) and get settled, we shall see but it is nice to see the end..of this.

Well, not really off but off from studying for finals haha

Good Morning. :P

Good morning!

Morning guys :)

Archived