Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having a lot of trouble motivating myself to study right now after interviews. My courses are over in a week and I just have so little motivation to work hard since it might all be moot. Especially for one of my courses, where the prof told me that he rarely gives over 80%- Ugh. And I couldn't select another prof or anything. And it's required for the program I'm in.

Trying to keep busy by studying is not working very well since there's no motivation to study... :(

I wish I was working instead.

I'm having a lot of trouble motivating myself to study right now after interviews. My courses are over in a week and I just have so little motivation to work hard since it might all be moot. Especially for one of my courses, where the prof told me that he rarely gives over 80%- Ugh. And I couldn't select another prof or anything. And it's required for the program I'm in.

Trying to keep busy by studying is not working very well since there's no motivation to study... :(

I wish I was working instead.

After all you have been through, it's just another few weeks. You can do it! :D

The semester is over, and now it's time to start studying for exams. At least this semester my exams aren't all in the first four days like they were last semester. I have two at the end of this coming week, then two in the middle of next week. And none of them are worth more than 40%. :)

Did all the math with the "mark calculator" and feeling really good about three of the courses going into the final, and pretty good about the fourth (I only have four courses this semester since one of them is double-weighted, so it's the equivalent of two regular courses). Although the prof in one of my courses did warn us that the final is going to be challenging, since the class average going into it is "too high." :( Blah. Maybe we're just all really smart in that class! ;)

gl nutrition runner. do u still workout during exam time?

Thanks, and yes, of course. :) Not only do I have classes that I have to teach (so I have to be there to lead the classes), I love how exercise helps me with stress relief, memory, concentration, sleep, and productivity. Even before I taught fitness classes, I would keep going to the gym during exam period because I would have so much more energy, and be so much more productive, when I went. :)

I am wondering what is with all these personal trainers whose bodies do not look muscular and it actually looks like they are so skinny? I know marathon runners are super skinny but who wants to look like that? I do not think it is healthy imo.

sprinters>marathon runners. sorry to marathon runner on pm101 this is just my thought

I get annoyed when people argue about things they clearly know nothing about and take it as a personal affront then launch into ad hominems when you present well-reasoned, supported arguments that disagree with their position.

I had this great motivation after breakfast to clean my room, do laundry, and organize/re-file all my important paperwork. And now here I am back in my bed watching Breaking Bad.

Good thing I don't have finals to be stressing about because motivation is so low.

I had this great motivation after breakfast to clean my room, do laundry, and organize/re-file all my important paperwork. And now here I am back in my bed watching Breaking Bad.

Good thing I don't have finals to be stressing about because motivation is so low.

i hate you lol

Feeling exam pressure, Aaron?

exams I can handle. Its family illness that's getting to me. I average less than 3 hours sleep for the past 6 weeks because of time spent at hospitals cutting into my study and school time not to mention all the time my wife has to take off therefore I try to help out with her company as well.

Exams are a breeze compared to life :D

exams I can handle. Its family illness that's getting to me. I average less than 3 hours sleep for the past 6 weeks because of time spent at hospitals cutting into my study and school time not to mention all the time my wife has to take off therefore I try to help out with her company as well.

True enough. Dealing with it here too, but the illness in question is far less time consuming and roller coaster-y than what you are dealing with. Don't know how you're keeping it together.

True enough. Dealing with it here too, but the illness in question is far less time consuming and roller coaster-y than what you are dealing with. Don't know how you're keeping it together.

I have to for my wife and mother in law.

You just do what you gotta do right? I know you know what I mean :)

lmao. Just had an online chat with a prof on our forum moodle board she mentioned something about unless you have an A+ in this course (pure writing based course) that to not spend time trying to interpret a particular part of our assignment as you will likely end up losing marks focusing on that instead of putting more effort into the other 4 areas where you can do very well.

In other words, the 5th section of analysis is meant for those who have a very thorough understanding of the course material (and then some) and have demonstrated it so far in previous assignments.

I called her out on it (playfully of course) as I'd be shocked if the number of students who end up with an A+ in a writing based course was as high as 5%. I am barely flirting with the edge of a 90 right now and I've had to bust my ass with very unique and analytical insight to achieve what I have so far. This last assignment is the make or break.

She replied back saying the percentage of students who receive A+ is the same in this course as other courses due to department distribution guidelines.

I have a hard time believing that, unless they are curved up.

Ouch, take care of yourself!

Archived