Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ oh wow you regulate tv time, most parents i know use it as a baby sitter. Here are some dvds and have fun. from my experience the parents who work full time it didn't seem like they have the time to spend alot of time with the child. I also remember you saying your son was able to shovel the snow, sounds really disaplined. Do u think he will start to rebel alot when he is older?

A random thought, is i wish I got my items i ordered from amazon sooner. I ordered a new case for my phone a week ago and it feels like i been waiting like a month.

^ oh wow you regulate tv time, most parents i know use it as a baby sitter. Here are some dvds and have fun. from my experience the parents who work full time it didn't seem like they have the time to spend alot of time with the child. I also remember you saying your son was able to shovel the snow, sounds really disaplined. Do u think he will start to rebel alot when he is older?

He's good for me and his dad and my parents and siblings and my friends, people who all know how to deal with him. Usually; he's six and autistic, he has his moments. He is not like this at school, though. So he's already getting his rebelliousness out there I suppose. I am in daily contact with the school, pretty much, and recently with the school board because I'm fighting to get him the EA time he needs. He doesn't deal well with other kids, too noisy, fast, and illogical for his tastes so he's at the edge of his ability to cope when he's at school. He's awesome when he is just around adults, though. Even comes with me to class occasionally and has been invited back.

I have high expectations of him, and he generally lives up to them. I'm strict about things I need to be strict about, but I'm really relaxed about others; for instance, his bedroom. I will give him incentives to clean it, but I don't really care if he doesn't. It's his space. Screen time is a reward for him. Sometimes we all sit down and watch a movie together, though, even if he's had a rough day because sometimes, kids need to unwind too. I'm strict, not mean. :)

I assume he will rebel as a teen. Most kids do. I'll deal with that when we get there.

way too many people go gushy over a guy who plays the guitar and sings. I personally am not impressed but it appears girls are, when a guy they know puts a vid of them playing the guitar and singing on youtube.....

i am not going to lie i thought of doing, it but now i think it just seems like way too much self promotion or trying too hard. especially when they make their own fb page, and post their vid in fb groups, their wall, twitter, etc...

I hate cheesy moments.

I really like my fav studying spot on campus. Feels so good. Going to miss this if I do grad school at another unit. 1 more year of my fav study spot. I would even donate 100 dollars to have a place at the spot that says thehockeykid's fav studying spot. Maybe if I make it big one day I can call up alumni relations and ask for a plaque to be on that spot. So one day my children could be like this was my dad's fav studying spot lol.. although i am sure as time goes by the environment will change and it may not be my fav spot after all.

Question do you work better on assignments when you are at the library or at home? personally i like to do assignments in the library and readings/memorizaton stuff at home

Question do you work better on assignments when you are at the library or at home? personally i like to do assignments in the library and readings/memorizaton stuff at home

I'm the opposite, actually. When I'm studying, I need a more 'sterile' environment i.e. free of distractions - distractions impair memorization.

When I'm working on stuff I like to be in my groove, at home comfortable with the music going, etc. Helps to get the creative juices going.

Do you do anything creative?

Not really. I don't consider playing piano creative (playing someone else's songs) I wonder in my fourth year do you think my professor who is lecturing will allow me to bring pizza for everyone in the class because it is my birthday? I think it would be pretty cool.

What do you think of buying pizza for your whole class because it is your bday?

Not really. I don't consider playing piano creative (playing someone else's songs) I wonder in my fourth year do you think my professor who is lecturing will allow me to bring pizza for everyone in the class because it is my birthday? I think it would be pretty cool.

What do you think of buying pizza for your whole class because it is your bday?

:o You're more than welcome to join one of my classes.

But why wait for 4th year? Make it an annual tradition!

Morning!

Of course, these musings may all be moot! ;) But I do like to have backup plans in place.

I would say apply to everything and decide after May 14th :)

But you sound like an amazing MD applicant so yes, I hope it doesn't come to that.

As for me, I just woke up from a nightmare seeing rejection emails on dday after I told everyone I got in lmao....it felt very real

which got me thinking. how does anyone deal with something like this at all?

for many of us, these interviews decide our life, literally. if you think about it, thts a lot of pressure :/

how does anyone deal with something like this at all?

for many of us, these interviews decide our life, literally. if you think about it, thts a lot of pressure :/

Reaching the stage of being interviewed is amazing! Even at this stage, you are in a marathon, not a sprint. Most interviewees need to apply multiple times. So, perspective - and perseverance - is very, very important. Life carries on if you need to reapply again and life will always have its pressures to deal with.

Archived