Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds pretty cool. :) Looking forward to being in your shoes soon enough.

Of course, then it starts all over again for you in the real world, where you want to be. :P

Enjoy!

For another 4 years until I have to once again compete for fellowship spots - seems like the system enjoys stressing you out at regular intervals.

Well, don't forget Iraq invaded Kuwait back in the 1990s. My cousin was over in Kuwait during the first Gulf War, and man, the atrocities he told me that were committed by the Iraqis were just horrible. So it's not like Iraq was full of innocents either (especially among those in power).

I never denied Saddam's crimes. Saddam used to oppress and brutalize his own people, and I'm aware of this. The Baathis too are responsible for the current terrorism done against Iraqi Shias.

Just booked my MCAT seat. August 9th, in Halifax.

I am still debating whether I'll apply to U of A this year or not. I might, even though it is very unlikely I'd get in. But if my MCAT is high enough, combined with my grades (I should have a 4.0 for this year) it can't hurt to try, right?

I know it's early to write it after first year, but it's a calculated risk since my grades are high enough that I believe I've got a pretty good shot as a third year applicant to the Ontario schools, and I will have a guaranteed interview at Dal the year after that even if I don't get in.

I just spent almost $300 on a test. Guuuuuuhhhhh

We really need to come to a solution about end of life care in this country.

Watching my father in law in the hospital for the past two weeks has not been pleasant. He has more issues than you can count, we all know he's not leaving the hospital or wherever he ends up should be leave the hospital but he will not recover to any semi-reasonable ability.

We all know the end is approaching but all we can do is sit by and watch him wither away more than we already have for the past year. It's certainly not a life he would have wanted to endure but alas we're left with no other choice but to let people crumble in til the end and suck the life out of the healthcare system as it tries to provide care for a person everyone knows is pretty much already dead.

Its not good for the patient, its not good for the family and its not good for the healthcare resources which could be going to people who do have a better long-term prognosis.

I've always known this was messed up and always thought it wasn't right that we don't have a solution on this but this is the first experience of it to this level. Strange array of emotions watching it unfold.

Writing this after I just finished watching my FIL rip out his picc line and blood gush everywhere...

And for any of you that follow sports, my FIl was just heard saying: "I'm on the 21-day disabled list with multiple upper body injuries" ROFL

Morning everyone!

I have my second snow day this week. Last one was Wednesday.

Conveniently enough, today I was supposed to write my second chem midterm, and Monday is the start of the 'no exam period' during which profs aren't allowed to give tests so it's up in the air whether we'll write it at all.

Go figure, three storm days in one semester.

I love my university. :)

I love how technology changed our lives. even though life would be simpler back technology has added some many great things.

I love

-youtube (being able to listen to my favourite music whenever)

-television it is like an addiction

-i love having information easily available

-learning online, having group meetings online

-pre made frozen food from costco tastes as good as restaurants, if i reheated this for date i brought to my apartment she would prob be impressed

but i still am intimidated by really good looking girls on fb. they look so good in photos it makes their lives seem so perfect. prob should just delete them off my fb.

I love how technology changed our lives. even though life would be simpler back technology has added some many great things.

I love

-youtube (being able to listen to my favourite music whenever)

-television it is like an addiction

-i love having information easily available

-learning online, having group meetings online

-pre made frozen food from costco tastes as good as restaurants, if i reheated this for date i brought to my apartment she would prob be impressed

but i still am intimidated by really good looking girls on fb. they look so good in photos it makes their lives seem so perfect. prob should just delete them off my fb.

Everyone is impressed by frozen Costco food. I would be impressed.

Don't be intimidated sad face. Don't delete them either if you know them in case they figure it out and it's awks. I'm sure your life is perfect too.. ish. Perfect enough?

Silvantes, I'm not entirely sure that you'd be interested in this but I thought I'd share the link with you in case you are. Basically you can sign an ROS in your second year with the PEI government, and they sponsor you through clerkship and residency.

Might help alleviate some stress/debt in med school...

http://www.healthjobspei.ca/index.php?number=1045018〈=E

Hospital parking is expensive. Wife and I have racked up over $200 in parking fees in the last 2 weeks.

Crazy

I remember what that was like in Ontario. $15 just to go for a couple hours. Ugh. When our daughter was admitted for nine days, and we were flat broke, the hospital gave us a pass to use for that time for which I was incredibly grateful.

Very nice! I think some parts of Toronto downtown are $3.50/half-hr! It is completely insane. And I agree that enforcement is out full force. I was once ticketed 5 min after my ticket expired after class. I drove up to the ministry of transportation on my way home to argue and all they could offer me was "go to court".

$1.10/hr downtown here....

Archived