Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

Very nice! I think some parts of Toronto downtown are $3.50/half-hr! It is completely insane. And I agree that enforcement is out full force. I was once ticketed 5 min after my ticket expired after class. I drove up to the ministry of transportation on my way home to argue and all they could offer me was "go to court".

To be honest you did break the law. the only way you had a case was if the parking enforcement person stood and waited for your meter to expire, was found to be illegal to do this (predatory ticketing).

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but i still am intimidated by really good looking girls on fb. they look so good in photos it makes their lives seem so perfect. prob should just delete them off my fb.

I love Youtube too!! there is a video for anything and everything. its like tv to me almost, i have a ton of subscriptions.

anyways Hockeykid, i feel liek a lot of ppl put up those kinds of pictures on fb just to make it seem like they have a really fun and great social life. Tbh, i feel like thats what fb is really all about. its kind of like a social status kind of thing. "oohhh look at me.. look how many friends i have.... look how much i party... look how many places ive been.. oooh im soo cool "- kinda thing.

who knows what their lives are really like?? and btw, as a girl im just being blatantly honest that most of us girls look better in photos than in person.. its sad.. but its true!

Silvantes, I'm not entirely sure that you'd be interested in this but I thought I'd share the link with you in case you are. Basically you can sign an ROS in your second year with the PEI government, and they sponsor you through clerkship and residency.

Might help alleviate some stress/debt in med school...

http://www.healthjobspei.ca/index.php?number=1045018〈=E

Thank You Birdy!! I will look into this and also what NB might have to offer, my wife's sister is in Sussex NB.

Thank You Birdy!! I will look into this and also what NB might have to offer, my wife's sister is in Sussex NB.

Anywhere there's rural physician shortages, there's probably some sort of incentive. I don't know of many that you can get before residency (besides this one) but if PEI is doing it, the other Maritime provinces probably aren't far behind. :)

DAM, Iginla got traded to Pittsburgh. They're as complete a team as you get. Good mix of skill, speed and grit. They've been dominating as of late and I'm sure it continue once Iggy arrives. I don't really see anyone in the East being able to go up against them, especially in a 7 game playoff series, perhaps Boston.. ? But I'll still call it a successful year for my Leafs if they finally make the playoffs

I was playing a piano piece and it got me thinking. wow i am so untalented just being able to read music notes, i wish i could compose great music.

That got me thinking to child prodigies like Mozart and a modern day Emily bear. They could just write music so easily. Wish I could do that. What makes them so special and so talented?

I also want to know what is with those people with iqs of like +160. how are they so gifted having multiple degrees by the time they are 16, speaking four languages at the age of 5, and working for nasa? what kind of brain chemistry goes on in their head

really really want to kill my group mates.

We had 32 stats questions assigned to us which meant we were each responsible for ~7 or so questions. One group member didn't send me anything and another missed two of her questions so now I am scambling to try and get the damn thing done before midnight otherwise its 10% penalty for it being late.

what a frigging joke

knew I should have just done them all myself.

really really want to kill my group mates.

We had 32 stats questions assigned to us which meant we were each responsible for ~7 or so questions. One group member didn't send me anything and another missed two of her questions so now I am scambling to try and get the damn thing done before midnight otherwise its 10% penalty for it being late.

what a frigging joke

knew I should have just done them all myself.

This is why I hate group work. I am doing a group assignment right now and I basically offered to do the whole thing from the start 'cause you can never trust others to do it right. I know I sound like a control freak, but I know the work ethic/intelligence of the typical undergrad and ain't nobody messing with my grades.

This is why I hate group work. I am doing a group assignment right now and I basically offered to do the whole thing from the start 'cause you can never trust others to do it right. I know I sound like a control freak, but I know the work ethic/intelligence of the typical undergrad and ain't nobody messing with my grades.

I hear ya. I did the first two basically by myself which consisted of two statistically-based research papers.

Pretty frustrating

So even more entertaining. I discovered someone else did a question that wasn't theirs so now there's a double submission for one question and another one I need to complete.

I text the guy and tell him he did someone elses question and not his and his reply: "what the hell man, I sent the email to everyone with my answers so that someone would correct me".

Hmm so it's out responsibility to make sure you did the work that was assigned to you?

So I tell him don't bother trying to do it as I have already started on it and his reply? "That's good because I am too busy with a philosophy paper and studying for an exam next Monday"

:mad:

yeah, sometimes it is pure laziness, but sometimes it is just a difference in priorities - I cannot blame someone that is just looking for a B in a course. That is pretty standard after all - it is only people on the bleeding edge fighting for every single mark they can.

DAM, Iginla got traded to Pittsburgh. They're as complete a team as you get. Good mix of skill, speed and grit. They've been dominating as of late and I'm sure it continue once Iggy arrives. I don't really see anyone in the East being able to go up against them, especially in a 7 game playoff series, perhaps Boston.. ? But I'll still call it a successful year for my Leafs if they finally make the playoffs

+1000000000

Iginla is arguably my favourite NHL player of all time. Hard to see him leave Calgary, but not really that hard since I want him to win a Cup and I know he won't be doing that with the Flames anytime soon. The Pens look absolutely deadly now though, basically as good as those unrealistic superstar teams I used to create in video games.

I'm a Leafs fan as well haha, really hope they make the playoffs

Archived