Premed 101 Forums

IP Acceptance.... Letters

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No one else is inclined to believe House? Haha :P

I'm just preparing myself mentally to receive the letter around April 23rd. If it comes before then, all the better. I think that in past years the 'advertised date' (i.e. the date they tell to people who call) is usually the absolute latest date, and it typically comes out earlier, but who knows... All I believe is April 19th because that's what the administrative people have declared!

haha i am trying not to believe house because I have an exam tomorrow.. cannot deal with a letter (regardless of what it says) before that 3 hr exam is over.......

another thought.. do you think that MUN Med would send them out before this Friday? exams at mun aren't officially done until then so most undergrads are still studying like crazy. a letter, of any sorts, would surely mess up most of us. do you think they would try and wait in order to avoid this? or would they not even think of that and just send them when they're done?

haha i am trying not to believe house because I have an exam tomorrow.. cannot deal with a letter (regardless of what it says) before that 3 hr exam is over.......

another thought.. do you think that MUN Med would send them out before this Friday? exams at mun aren't officially done until then so most undergrads are still studying like crazy. a letter, of any sorts, would surely mess up most of us. do you think they would try and wait in order to avoid this? or would they not even think of that and just send them when they're done?

Yeah I don't really think they're workdays revolve around the lives of MUN undergrads (except when they get interrupted by calls and emails all day). There are lots of non-undergrad. applicants. I can't see them holding things up to protect your anxieties, but obviously I might be wrong.

Yeah I don't really think they're workdays revolve around the lives of MUN undergrads (except when they get interrupted by calls and emails all day). There are lots of non-undergrad. applicants. I can't see them holding things up to protect your anxieties, but obviously I might be wrong.

fair enough... grasping for straws here ha :D

This was my understanding for sending them out on the 19th. They didn't want to throw a major wrench in students exam period. Which is respectable to stay the least.

Joke is on you House, I needed to check the mail 5 times today anyways. lol

well, to save you the trip... all letters will be coming registered mail. so this means that your mailman/mailwoman/mailcarrier/mailwhoever will be coming to your door and will require a signature. unless maybe somewhere more rural perhaps a pick-up at the post office will be required. either way, i highly doubt they will come via the mail box!

This is killing me! ahaha

Today flew. I completely forgot to think about the mail because I was so distracted by the tragic events in Boston. As an athlete at the varsity level who has been involved in many festive competitions I found this so devastating...

On a lighter note... Maybe tomorrow?

Today flew. I completely forgot to think about the mail because I was so distracted by the tragic events in Boston. As an athlete at the varsity level who has been involved in many festive competitions I found this so devastating...

Comes to student housing for me...

I skied on the international circuit for 5-6 years, but I didn't find it hit me from a sports perspective. I think the marathoners got hit when they were already down. (You just ran close to 4 hours - you'd be exhausted.) I found a more profound affect to be from a pedestrian’s perspective. The people who died were innocent by-standers. It would be the equivalent of just walking into your favorite store or chilling on the sidewalk when your life changes/ends.

Regardless, the people who came to help those afflicted are the ones who we should support and praise.

P.S. Did any of you see that photo of the girl that was "running for sandy hooke" and "died"? I can't believe it. First, if it were true, why are they plastering her name everywhere, but secondly, it was a young boy who died - a boy who was on the sidelines (and no, this does not make it any less tragic)

So I guess we can anticipate them in our little hands on Monday/Tuesday? :eek:

As it would seem

Last 2 years the letters have been dated for Friday and received on Monday. Hopefully it's the same this year.. This past week has felt longer than the last 5 months

Anticipation is a b_ _ _ _

I actually asked about the registered mail thing last time I called. They told me that if somebody is home, anyone can sign for it but if there's nobody there, the carrier will leave a notice slip and you have to pick it up at the post office. Not sure how it works in rural areas though.

When mine came in March, my dad signed for it at the post office (they put a little slip in my mailbox saying there was a letter waiting at the post office for me).

I'm not sure if it's any different for people with PO boxes but I'm guessing it's the same. I'm on the rural route system.

Archived