Premed 101 Forums

IP Acceptance.... Letters

BAMFtastic has a point. Take what he says at face value or don't. I've been on these threads for a while and I have never seen him say something without due cause. I also understand him not wanting to say anything that might jeopardize his anonymity. Why second guess him? Oh and good luck!

I agree, don't listen if you don't believe him, he may actually be trying to help.

It is a stressful time though, good luck!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's right. I am just trying to help. Ohh well, you can lead a horse to water.....

Yep, you can tell a med wannabe to stop gushing stupid rumours, but you sure can't make him listen.

Guys... I might be going crazy.

I had three lucid dreams this morning. Woke up at 6,7,and 8 am.

First I opened a letter and was notified that the admissions committee was ranking applicants on a number letter system.

1-6 (interview: 6 being the best)

High (H), Average (A), Below (B) - academic pre-interview score.

First dream: 2H

Second: 4H

Third: 6H

The letter finished with rejected, waitlisted, accepted respectively, but my god, I need a vacation.

Haha - Ohh imagination, how you've got me again.

P.S..... Whenever I see that someone has newly posted in this thread and the title appears in bold.... I enter slight cardiac arrest thinking that the letters may be out hahahah

I know and then you get there and you just wanna... well you just want to hit em .... or politely say "DON'T DO THAT TO ME"

Don't expect letters too soon. I know someone on the selection committee and on Friday they said that they had sent out the letters for OOP and they still hadn't met to discuss IP yet. I don't know how long it takes to decide the spots, but the news just backs up the thought that letters will come out the same time as last year.

Don't expect letters too soon. I know someone on the selection committee and on Friday they said that they had sent out the letters for OOP and they still hadn't met to discuss IP yet. I don't know how long it takes to decide the spots, but the news just backs up the thought that letters will come out the same time as last year.

I was talking to a friend at the admissions office and I was told they were meeting next week or the week after and plan on having letters out shortly after.

I was talking to a friend at the admissions office and I was told they were meeting next week or the week after and plan on having letters out shortly after.

Hey guys - long time lurker first time poster - I actually called the admissions office yesterday and they said to expect IP letters by mid-next week!!

Hey guys - long time lurker first time poster - I actually called the admissions office yesterday and they said to expect IP letters by mid-next week!!

What kind of devilish magic does your silver tongue spit to get them to admit that? hahah :P

I have never, seen the likes.

But... I hope you're right hahaha

What kind of devilish magic does your silver tongue spit to get them to admit that? hahah :P

I have never, seen the likes.

But... I hope you're right hahaha

I'm pretty sure they always answer if you call and ask directly. It might depend on which of the workers you get, but the woman I spoke to was quite clear. I've been extremely excited for the last two days!!

I'm pretty sure they always answer if you call and ask directly. It might depend on which of the workers you get, but the woman I spoke to was quite clear. I've been extremely excited for the last two days!!

Alright, you might have a point there hahaha.

Got to say... this is going to make studying for my finals a little more tedious, but still important considering the worst might still happen.

Your sure?! Thats excellent news! Do you think it needs to be confirmed? Can someone in province call and confirm this tomorrow? I just checked the mun med admissions site and they did not release this information in any official form. I'd like to call in the morning but right about now I cannot spend the long distance money haha

Your sure?! Thats excellent news! Do you think it needs to be confirmed? Can someone in province call and confirm this tomorrow? I just checked the mun med admissions site and they did not release this information in any official form. I'd like to call in the morning but right about now I cannot spend the long distance money haha

***DROPS BOMB ON FIRST POST **** haha

***DROPS BOMB ON FIRST POST **** haha

Hey now, lets not derail this, but somehow I'd more inclined to believe someone who says they spoke to a secretary rather than someone who claims top-secret 'privileged' information. My point was how eff-ing ridiculous it was for you to claim privilege for claiming that the results come out exactly when they normally do. On the other hand, if others can confirm this, this is news worth sharing!

Archived