Premed 101 Forums

pulled out of CaRMs Match

I heard through a friend that a student in one of the Alberta programs was just pulled out of their CaRMS match by their school after failing several exams and is being made to repeat a year. Is this something that happens often?

I heard through a friend that a student in one of the Alberta programs was just pulled out of their CaRMS match by their school after failing several exams and is being made to repeat a year. Is this something that happens often?

Academic failure is rare but if it occurs then this is what would happen - sounds pretty serious to me actually(?) in any reapplication the student will now have remediation noted on their transcript. That will restrict things during a reapplication phase. If you make it to the 4th year most people are able to academically finish the degree.

I'm also not sure the concept makes that much sense, as for something like anesthesia, where you get to do in-house call more or less forever and frequently get about five minutes of unscheduled time for lunch and/or bathroom breaks.

On the other hand, IM subspecialties like geriatrics, rheumatology, endocrinology, and infectious diseases all offer pretty comfortable lifestyles and incomes.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived