Premed 101 Forums

Massive MCAT book sale

Hey guys,

I have a massive amount of MCAT books in my room that I want to sell to free up some space. Prices are negotiable. I would prefer meeting in Toronto, but I can ship if you cover shipping. Most of them are in good condition because I usually make notes or answer the questions in separate notebooks, and the markings are from other people I bought them from.

Just contact me by Private Message (PM) if you have any questions. I will be updating the list as I go along.

Thanks!

Kaplan MCAT 45: Advanced Prep for Advanced Students Eighth Edition 2011 New – no pencil marks or highlights in book

Kaplan MCAT Biological Sciences Review Notes (2006) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

Kaplan MCAT in a box Flash cards 2nd edition Very Good – all cards are there, but edges of cards are scuffed

Kaplan MCAT Premier Program (2009-2010 edition) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

Kaplan MCAT Verbal Reasoning and Writing Review (2010) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

Kaplan MCAT Verbal Reasoning Strategy and Practice (2006) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

Kaplan’s MCAT General Chemistry Review (2010) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

Kaplan’s MCAT Physical Science Review Notes Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TBR Physics Part I Sections I-V– someone gave this photocopy to me and I bound it Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book. BUT IT IS A PRINTOUT/PHOTOCOPY

TPR Hyperlearning MCAT Science Workbook (2010) Good, has pencil marks and underlines on some pages

TPR Hyperlearning MCAT Verbal Resasoning & Writing Review 2009 Edition Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks in the book

TPR Hyperlearning MCAT Verbal Workbook 2009 Edition Good, has pencil marks, underlines and some highlights on some pages

TPR MCAT Biological Sciences Review (2003) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TPR MCAT Biology Review (2010) Good, has highlights on some pages and damaged cover

TPR MCAT Elite 45 (2010) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TPR MCAT General Chemistry Review (2010) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TPR MCAT Organic Chemistry Review (2010) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TPR MCAT Science Workbook Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TPR MCAT Verbal Reasoning & Writing Review (2010) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TPR MCAT VR & Writing Review (2010) New – no pencil marks or highlights in book

TPR’s MCAT Hyperlearning MCAT Physical Sciences Review (2005) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TPR’s MCAT Physical Sciences Review (2003) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TPR’s MCAT Physics and Math Review Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

TPR’s MCAT Workout (2008) Very Good Condition: just a few pencil marks and highlights in the book

does anyone know what is the latest edition for the examkracker 1001 question review books? because the one on amazons were published in 2002-2004ish .. are there newer ones out there??

http://www.examkrackers.com/store/View_Category.aspx?c=2

On the EK site themselves, they said that the most recent edition that they're selling is 7th.

Holy smokes, that is dedication right there.

What kind of prices are you selling these books for?

It depends on the condition of the book. For those that are in "good condition" probably 30-40% of the retail price, "very good" condition 50-60% of the retail price, and those that are "new" 60-70% of the retail price. Sort of how my university bookstore works, but again PM me and I'm sure we can work something out. If you buy more than 1 for instance, I'll be willing to drop the price as well.

Lol yes

Rough day? :P

Ahhahah no, it's hard to type replies from my stupid phone.

Like people have said before, it really depends on your level of understanding. I found TPR Bio to be really good especially since I didn't have a lot of background in it, and TPR physics and physical chem (or gen chem) to be a good review. I did look through the Kaplan ones, and I found it to be less in depth than TPR in all subjects. TPR Orgo wasn't very helpful for me, but I didn't have any background in orgo at all (lol) and so I needed to actually learn from full textbooks - it might be good for people who already took a intro orgo class.

EK to me was most valuable for its audio osmosis. I went through all the EK 1001 books and they were good review for subjects that I didn't have background knowledge in (i.e. bio passages and orgo). I found physics and gen chem to be either 1) too easy 2) way too abstract (ex. carnot cycle) that weren't in the form of passages either. The TPR science workbooks and their practice were really fantastic because they were really hard compared to the final MCAT, especially since I was marathon studying for it.

For VR, I think that for me, I couldn't stick with one company because I was so scared that their passages were not going to be the same as the actual MCAT. I did ALL the VR passages in every single book I had - EK, TPR, ARCO, Ivy Hall, etc. 70% of the time I had studying, I spent in on VR which did pay off a bit, because the variety and exposure did help in terms of confidence.

WS is not going to be on the MCAT...so these books should be half price lol since half the book is worthless!!!

TL;DR: In my list, TPR most comprehensive -> Kaplan -> EK, depends on your level for the material. Variety of different practice material helps for VR. Half price for WS.

Archived