Premed 101 Forums

What are my chances thread....

So I am currently a Canadian citizen my Third year at UofT.

cGPA = 3.85, (OMSAS=3.81) --> (screwed up in 1 eng credit and 0.5 soc credit in first year, but got 4.0s in everything else)

MCAT: 13P, 9V, 12B

Due to the 9V, Canada is pretty much not an option (or very highly unlikely).

Not a lot of good ECs, but:

Volunteering research position atm (hopefully NCERC this coming summer)

Shadowing Physician

Volunteered in hospital (not a lot, only like 140 hours)

Volunteering within Uni (like 200 hours in the past two years)

Does anyone know any USA medschools that would take in someone with my profile?

Don't write off canada due to a 9, that's loco. Ubc doesn't care, torontos cutoff is 9, Ottawa doesn't even use the mcat, if you kill Casper might have a shot at McMaster, if you're IP still have a shot at u of a and Calgary. Caribbean shouldn't be on your radar at this point (or in my opinion, ever)

Don't write off canada due to a 9, that's loco. Ubc doesn't care, torontos cutoff is 9, Ottawa doesn't even use the mcat, if you kill Casper might have a shot at McMaster, if you're IP still have a shot at u of a and Calgary. Caribbean shouldn't be on your radar at this point (or in my opinion, ever)

Yeah I mean first off there are schools that don't look at the mcat (ottawa for which you likely have a high gpa under their policy). second of all if you really got 4.0 in every course but two then likely under U of T you wGPA policy if it applies you have a 4.0 GPA which is of course awesome and you meet UoTs policy for the mcat already as well. That is two large Ontario schools right off the bat.

There is also heaven forbid the chance to redo the MCAT if needed :) Not fun of course but many of course do to get the score they want.

But to answer your question yeah there definitely are US schools - and not a small number of them. This sub forum list a number of them - take a lot and you are probably competitive for a lot of them.

Archived