Premed 101 Forums

2013/2014 UBC interview: rejection or invite

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I think it makes sense to post rejections/invites in this thread based on the thread title (i.e. this is a thread dedicated for UBC interviews for this cycle, whereas the other thread is simply a countdown).

Agreed, at least for convenience sake. Its easier so scroll through a thread for one cycle to lookup something.

Hey everyone,

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just logged in to OAS to check my 2012-13 scores again, and it's super weird but they changed?!?!

I was invited for interview last year and remember being just above the cut-off (like 62.5 or something). Anyways, this is what is says now:

AQ Score 29.15

NAQ Total 24

TFR Score 53.41

(Those number aren't even added properly)

I don't know what is going on! Has this happened to anyone else?

Do you have the original scores from before (was it just AQ that changed? - if so, do you think they weighed each year differently?)?

Thanks for sharing!

Do you have the original scores from before (was it just AQ that changed? - if so, do you think they weighed each year differently?)?

Thanks for sharing!

I have them written down somewhere but I can't find it right now. I am pretty sure the AQ is right (especially since 29.15 seems reasonable and what I remember) but 24???

I have no idea what is happening.

EDIT: I should also mention this is on my previous year score page, not the current application cycle.

No I haven't emailed. To be honest I don't really care that much since there isn't anything on the 2013-14 status page and I'm sure Admissions is a bit preoccupied with other things right now! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one!

same thing happened here... I had 32 NAQ when I interviewed last year now it says 26.... and I am below the interview cutoff despite interviewing last year. This might destroy my app if those are our current NAQ scores...

Ya that's the only concern I have but I guess only time will tell!

Same here, my AQ score from last year didn't change but my NAQ score decreased drastically.

I guess it's safe to say that the biggest change this year is the NAQ scoring then?

Take a second look at it, the TFR and NAQ seem different but the AQ is the same from last year. Subtract your NAQ from your TFR and you should get your new AQ score (I think?). Mine went down despite my overall GPA being 2-3% higher this year

Take a second look at it, the TFR and NAQ seem different but the AQ is the same from last year. Subtract your NAQ from your TFR and you should get your new AQ score (I think?). Mine went down despite my overall GPA being 2-3% higher this year

True. I guess the changes are still not completed yet. This is driving me nuts :(

Is anybody else have NO scores show up? My OAS webpage still says "no scores found."

This is all so cryptic, or if anyone knows what this could mean for my application, I definitely would appreciate your insights :)

It seems as if a sizable number of people have their scores uploaded on OAS.

Many Thanks!

Is anybody else have NO scores show up? My OAS webpage still says "no scores found."

This is all so cryptic, or if anyone knows what this could mean for my application, I definitely would appreciate your insights :)

Many Thanks!

We are all talking about our scores for the 2012-13 cycle, not this year. My 2013-14 still says no scores available. Don't worry :)

Many Thanks!

It seems like only those that applied last year have scores showing up and I think that the rest of us have "No Scores Found" (someone correct me if I'm wrong though!).

Thus, I would assume absolutely nothing re: OAS at this point and sit tight ;)

Archived