Forward Creative Liason - 20 hours

Dynamic Security Orchestrator - 50 hours

early deadline?

Alright, more detailed:

IP, early deadline

GPA "SUPER AWESOMNESS GOD-LIKE Super Saiyan %%%%!!!"

ECs: I cured cancer while feeding orphan kittens in Afghanistan

PM me if you have any questions

When you post such exact details of your application, do you not worry that it would be easy for someone from ad com to connect your name to your online persona here?

When you post such exact details of your application, do you not worry that it would be easy for someone from ad com to connect your name to your online persona here?

Good point..but they really can't do anything without proof, which they have none..

Also you guys keep confusing me with your doge signatures lol

I honestly couldn't care since I haven't posted anything incriminating lol, but I edited it just in case. You made a good point. Please remove your quote

And after all, I could just be a troll ;)

I honestly couldn't care since I haven't posted anything incriminating lol, but I edited it just in case. You made a good point. Please remove your quote

And after all, I could just be a troll ;)

Done. Is that good enough?

Haha oh lawd, somebody got some splainin to do. That AQ formula up there legit? Its pretty much impossible to get 50

Considering it's always been pretty much impossible to get an NAQ 50 then that would actually make sense if they wanted to weight the 2 factors (AQ and NAQ) equally.

I'm in shock. I was so expecting a rejection that I kept imagining it so I wouldn't be surprised. Even on the bus home from work tonight, I was imagining getting the rejection email and kept reassuring myself that it would be okay.

But I got an invite!

Status: IP (transferred to UBC in 3rd yr)/Undergrad degree (took an extra year) in Science/Early Deadline

oGPA: 82%

*In my first year, I got a F and a D. No joke. I had some serious family issues but I still take full responsibility for it and should have done better. One of the reasons I took an extra year was to build up some extra padding. In my 4th and 5th years, I got real and got nothing below A-.

aGPA: 86%

EC: Typical hospital volunteering (gift shop, emerge, patient visitor) for a couple of years. NO publications. Lots of athletic activities listed under diversity section but none of them are organized sports. I do have a job that may have made me stand out a bit. Other than that, my EC's are totally average.

I'm well aware that I've still got an uphill battle but I really didn't think I stood a chance at UBC with my GPA trend. Being IP is definitely the saving grace!

Yes, the average of those accepted is around 86-87. Assuming that the median = average, then by definition there are just many applicants with lower than 86 getting in as there are people with higher average than that.

I think there is a large bias of perceived GPA averages on this forum, simply because people with exceptional GPAs are more likely to actually post their GPA here.

An 86% GPA is very competitive, period.

Edit: To avoid causing the calamity that is taking place on the other forum, I am just editting this post. My situation is a bit more complicated I suppose but I don't want to give more information and lose anonymity. The essentials/my reason for posting are retained to help others in the future. The backlash from me doing something to help is making me reconsider ever posting and yes, I am NOT a troll.

OOP invite

Currently fourth year undergrad

Not sure if I qualify for AGPA but my average of all courses I've ever taken is high 80s

ECs are varied and long term, lots of research

The reason I wanted to post is I applied last year with nearly the same GPA and same ECs and was rejected pre-interview. The only thing different in my application this year is an extra year on some of my activities and WORDING. I really learned how to improve my descriptions by reading past threads and so I wanted to let you know how important that can be. N.B. I realize that their change in the weighting probably also helped me this year when I don't have a 90+ GPA.

I'm not a frequent poster but found the UBC forums really helpful in prepping the NAQ portion of my application so wanted to give back by posting. Hope this is helpful to someone down the road! Good luck to everyone. :)

OOP, normal deadline- invite received Tues Dec 10th

Currently fourth year undergrad

Not sure if I qualify for AGPA but my average of all courses I've ever taken is high 80s

ECs are varied and long term, lots of research

The reason I wanted to post is:

(1) to let you know that yesterday was not only "early deadline" people but also normal people and

(2) I applied last year with nearly the same GPA and same ECs and was rejected pre-interview. The only thing different in my application this year is an extra year on some of my activities and WORDING. I really learned how to improve my descriptions by reading past threads and so I wanted to let you know how important that can be.

N.B. I realize that their change in the weighting probably also helped me this year when I don't have a 90+ GPA.

I'm not a frequent poster but found the UBC forums really helpful in prepping the NAQ portion of my application so wanted to give back by posting. Hope this is helpful to someone down the road! Good luck to everyone. :)

I'm not saying you are lying, but given that they have stated on their website that early deadline invites come out one day prior to the regular invites, it seems very odd. Maybe there was a mixup in their system and they sent yours with the early bird batch. Or maybe you met the early deadline? It was Aug 15th.

"Applicants who submit, by August 15, the application and all supporting documents normally required by September 16 and who are invited to interview, will receive an interview invitation one day early and will be allowed to book an interview time one day before the general interview-granted pool."

Early deadline invites and regular deadline invites can not come out on the same day. This is the whole point of the early deadline.

Hey,

I'm an OOP applicant who met the early deadline, but have not heard anything yet, nor has my interview decision status been updated on the OAS.

Are there any other early deadline applicants who have not heard anything yet? Kind of makes me think I'm waiting for a rejection given the wording on their website:

Applicants who submit, by August 15, the application and all supporting documents normally required by September 16 and who are invited to interview (meaning not necessarily including those who met the early deadline and are rejected) will receive an interview invitation one day early

It's confusing because I know of applicants who did not meet the early deadline, or who's applicants were in ineligible, who heard back last night. Really hoping that at this point, no news remains good news..! Would love to hear from other early deadline applicants who may not have heard anything yet though. Thanks in advance!

Archived