Premed 101 Forums

Countdown To Interview :)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pretty sure with what you just posted you are not eligible for ottawa's medical school at this point..

My apologies, I also have a number of summer courses in there as well and 3, 4, 6 and 9 credit courses all mixed in (I included the OMSAS course weight only, which weighted both the 3 and 4 credit courses as 1.0).

I will give them a call, thanks goingplaid!

At McGill in first year, you HAVE to take 4 courses in second semester (since they are all 4 credits and the credit limit per semester is 17). So...am I ineligible then?

edit: this is for science freshman courses.

I took 20 & 23 credits in my first two semesters at McGill respectively...what are you talking about?

Lets hope so ....I applied last year as well and did not get an invite however my wGPA was 3.88 because of two poor first year grades, but now those are eliminated and it's up to 3.97..my ECs are essentially the same besides one or two new things so I am hoping the GPA part will put me through

Also can somebody give me their opinion on my top 3's for Ottawa (my wGPA is 3.97 and I am currently doing my Masters at UofT)

Research: 2 research assistant positions (no pubs, 3 months each, 1 clinical, 1 lab)

Work: camp counselor for 4 summers (1000s of hours); camp director for 1 summer (100s of hours); teaching assistant for a year

EC activities: 3 different intramural sports throughout university

Volunteer: nursing home volunteer 1 year (~50 hrs); volunteer TA in third year (1 term); volunteer whitewater canoe training assistant for a weekend

Awards: OGS scholarship, undergrad internal scholarship for high GPA, grad internal scholarship for high GPA

This is my honest personal opinion since you insisted for one

Research- decent

Employment-very good

Ec activity- lacks variety and diversity in my opinion since they're all in sports (that aren't really high level and so the time commitment is questionable)

Volunteer- decent - I don't know if I would include something that I did for just one weekend. In my opinion you want to show something that demonstrates time commitment since that's what Ottawa likes to see.

Awards- very good

However, given what I said above, your high and impressive GPA should be able to make up for a few areas on your ABS that aren't as strong as they could be. I hope you get that interview :)

I feel for you guys. I wrote earlier this summer and thought I did horrendously! Like on my flight home I was very depressed and figured my shot at applying this cycle was toast. Then I got my scores and scored a 13,13,13.

So just remember that this is a curved exam and if you found it difficult then so did everyone else.

Keep your heads up!

Sorry for such the late post ( lots of schools stuff to figure out at the moment)

Invite

OOP

GPA(x.xx/4.5): 4.0/4.5 with drops (McGill doesn't have A+ or percentage so we get screwed, 4.0 is the highest we can achieve)

MCAT (xx.xx/15): 14/15 ( 14,13,15)

Rural (Northern Ontario)

Depending how the Ontario schools go for me I will most likely decline due to financial considerations. (Have to pay for everything myself so I'll be limiting the cost/chance of acceptance ratio)

You sicken me. Didn't expect this from you regardless of the intention. Troll. You should try covering up a little better next time.

You sicken me. Didn't expect this from you regardless of the intention. Troll. You should try covering up a little better next time.

Do note that this was a joint account until November.

Have I ever done anything to troll anyone? i don't think I have ever had malicious intent.

Proof? (Screen shot from a few minutes ago then uploaded to Imgur.)

http://goo.gl/NqOcqa

remove the l to get a bigger image. (in the imgur link once you've linked to the page. Must have used the 640x360 instead of the 1920x1080 size, just remove the l ,large specification, and it will show the original image size. or follow this link with the l already removed http://i.imgur.com/FGqQo70.png) Shows my MCAT, me logged in and my tab up top have me logged into my McGill page if that was in doubt as well. Would you like to see my transcript as well to prove I'm legit? acceptance/rejection letters?

remove the l to get a bigger image. (in the imgur link once you've linked to the page. Must have used the 640x360 instead of the 1920x1080 size, just remove the l ,large specification, and it will show the original image size. or follow this link with the l already removed http://i.imgur.com/FGqQo70.png) Shows my MCAT, me logged in and my tab up top have me logged into my McGill page if that was in doubt as well. Would you like to see my transcript as well to prove I'm legit? acceptance/rejection letters?

Nice score (understatement).

Damn. If I'd gotten those numbers I would have legitimately passed out, haha.

I checked while at the hospital this summer. Ruined a few vials of cortisol , trays and syringes in celebration (was prepping them for injections and ended up throwing them...things tend not to remain sterile once they've hit the hospital floor haha), got some fist pumps in and what not . Looked like a fool dancing around the clinic, but once I told the patients why they all congratulated me, and promptly tried to sell me on coming back North to practice.

Archived