Premed 101 Forums

May 15th Countdown Thread!

Fine by me if they forego sending paper offers. As for when to feel safe, I'd be more comfortable checking here for when waitlist posts start fizzling out or when the first offers get posted. :P

Yah I feel like paper offers are unecessary, except maybe to frame. ;)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you don't hear anything by noon of 15th, you are safe. The only unknown is which site you will be located.

I wouldn't go that far... What if they have a technical glitch and get behind on sending out rejections and waitlists.

I tried that excuse when a surgeon asked me to close up a midline sternotomy following a CAGs procedure once. It didn't work very well. :P

I just PM him asking for help. That poll actually told something: last year it was the smallest waitlist movement in the past few years.

Crazy...I guess a lot of people definitely want to stick with UBC :) I'm sure people who interviewed at UBC and other schools will post here if they're accepted to multiple schools but decide to accept elsewhere than UBC. That's another indicator of wait-list movement obviously.

But your poll thread will be useful for sure.

3 more days! To every one of you waiting, I want you to remember forever what it feels like right now. Remember the agony, the anxiety, the difficulty of not knowing the decision. When you are in medical school (and most of you will, if not this year then another, for you are great candidates already to have made it to the interview), these days are the ones that will keep you going. Recalling the hardship and difficulty associated with admission is one of the best drives when life in medical school gets challenging.

Remember the next 3 days. Document them. Write down something.

One day, you will look back on this.

And it could change your day.

My heartfelt best wishes to everyone. To those of you that don't get in this year, I can only say try and try again. Most med students try more than once to get in. With the right effort and the right circumstances, things will work in your favour.

Good luck, UBC interviewees 2018!

3 more days! To every one of you waiting, I want you to remember forever what it feels like right now. Remember the agony, the anxiety, the difficulty of not knowing the decision. When you are in medical school (and most of you will, if not this year then another, for you are great candidates already to have made it to the interview), these days are the ones that will keep you going. Recalling the hardship and difficulty associated with admission is one of the best drives when life in medical school gets challenging.

My heartfelt best wishes to everyone. To those of you that don't get in this year, I can only say try and try again. Most med students try more than once to get in. With the right effort and the right circumstances, things will work in your favour.

Thank you so much for your kindness!

Thanks Leon, that's very nice of you.

Archived