Premed 101 Forums

May 15th Countdown Thread!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to decide whether to work that day or not....

Work - will I be way too distracted or will it be good since at work I rarely have a chance to check my email/phone except at the lunch break

Or

Stay Home - will I drive myself crazy refreshing....

Work - will I be way too distracted or will it be good since at work I rarely have a chance to check my email/phone except at the lunch break

Or

Of couse working. If...., you will still get some kind of compensation.

Or

I booked off the 13th to allow time to celebrate/wallow. I imagine I'll be calling in sick on the 15th to do the same. :P

I booked off the 13th to allow time to celebrate/wallow. I imagine I'll be calling in sick on the 15th to do the same. :P

I purposely booked getting my wisdom teeth out that week so that I would have an excuse to book work off.

I have to work on the 13th, but not till 3 PM PST, so should be fine.

I purposely booked getting my wisdom teeth out that week so that I would have an excuse to book work off.

I have to work on the 13th, but not till 3 PM PST, so should be fine.

Not for the purposes of celebrating. :P Going to need all night and a generous recovery time the next morning to properly celebrate.

Not for the purposes of celebrating. :P Going to need all night and a generous recovery time the next morning to properly celebrate.

True, but for me, Mac (only school releasing on 13th for me) isn't my first choice, so if I get in on the 13th it will be a HUGE relief but I'll still be pretty anxious.

I guess that's the same for you actually, since you want UBC.

True, but for me, Mac (only school releasing on 13th for me) isn't my first choice, so if I get in on the 13th it will be a HUGE relief but I'll still be pretty anxious.

I guess that's the same for you actually, since you want UBC.

Even if I only get into my last choice I'll still be celebrating hard. Haha. But yes, an offer from UBC would absolutely be cause for additional celebration.

Even if I only get into my last choice I'll still be celebrating hard. Haha. But yes, an offer from UBC would absolutely be cause for additional celebration.

Oh of course me too! But I mean, on the 13th if I get into Mac, I won't know if I ONLY got into my last choice, so I'll still be anxious.

Hi,

I remember last year (when it was close to May 15th) somebody posted a statistic table (bar graph) colleting the possible top choice from applicants (mainly IPs, maybe including OOPs) who had multi-interviews. Will someone do it again this year? It may help to estimate how fast the waitlist will go.:)

Upon reading, however, I'm glad they sent it. I thought paying the deposit by credit card would have worked. I bank with President's Choice and it appears they don't have the Interac Online feature as required by UBC. Time to go open an account at another bank for the sole purpose of maybe having to pay this deposit? :P

Upon reading, however, I'm glad they sent it. I thought paying the deposit by credit card would have worked. I bank with President's Choice and it appears they don't have the Interac Online feature as required by UBC. Time to go open an account at another bank for the sole purpose of maybe having to pay this deposit? :P

Yah, I have an old RBC one with like 50 bucks that I was going to close since they are charging me fees, but I guess I won't do that now!

Anyone else bank with CIBC and notice they're not on the list in the email?

Yup, looks like CIBC doesn't have Interac Online. Going to have to do certified cheque (I don't think I trust mail/courier nearly that much), or open an account at one of the supported banks. Anyone know why they won't just accept credit cards? Seems much easier.

Yup, looks like CIBC doesn't have Interac Online. Going to have to do certified cheque (I don't think I trust mail/courier nearly that much), or open an account at one of the supported banks. Anyone know why they won't just accept credit cards? Seems much easier.

UBC in general stopped taking credit cards about 5 years ago to avoid paying the fees.

I also bank with CIBC and will be out of the country as of Sunday so I had a small heart attack when I saw this.

UBC in general stopped taking credit cards about 5 years ago to avoid paying the fees.

I also bank with CIBC and will be out of the country as of Sunday so I had a small heart attack when I saw this.

Hope you have time to get another account set up! I went to Scotiabank today and got a checking account set up and even tested to make sure Interac Online worked. :P

Archived