Premed 101 Forums

May 13th countdown thread

I did, and I definitely did not get this email. The fact the page used to actually specify acceptance and some people didn't get it, it looks like they only sent it to people who got accepted. Thats pretty crappy of McMaster to do that...

I think it's just an error. You're the only person who's posted that they didn't receive the email and there's no way they'd be that clumsy.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did, and I definitely did not get this email. The fact the page used to actually specify acceptance and some people didn't get it, it looks like they only sent it to people who got accepted. Thats pretty crappy of McMaster to do that...

I know I would be thinking the same things if I were in your position but I wouldn't look into it too much. There are thousands of ways that an email can get lost along the way; and historically all of the emails that have been sent out post-interview have been sent out to everyone, I don't understand why this would be any different!

Blue00 is a fake account. The account was opened today and only has two posts.

I really doubt that's the case. I don't think any med school would do anything to try and release the results early, especially by just emailing the accepted people. I think maybe something just accidentally went wrong with your email/provider, seeing as everyone else here got an email. If that were honestly the case, I would expect more people to have said they didn't get it. Keep your hopes up :)

Guest blue00
Blue00 is a fake account. The account was opened today and only has two posts.

That's because I was reading this thread and realized I never got an email and no one else was asking... so I registered so I could ask.

I'm amused at how much commotion I caused. :P Nice to know everyone else is starting to get super paranoid as well.

Not gonna lie, when I first read your post with the word "acceptance" in it, I immediately opened up my email and had a mini heart attack when I didn't see that word in my email. Glad it got cleared up :P

I honestly don't think they would do that. I'm sure it was just some sort of a clerical error, or maybe your email address is not accepting the email for some strange reason? Putting aside that it kinda is a terrible thing to do, McMaster doesn't seem like they would so easily give up who they were accepting before the already decided Ontario wide date. I'm sure you've still got just as good a chance as anyone of getting in! :)

That's because I was reading this thread and realized I never got an email and no one else was asking... so I registered so I could ask.

Ah, let the trolling begin.

I for one will be telling my friends to set up their phones with email notification and am then going to email them in the middle of the night.

I for one will be telling my friends to set up their phones with email notification and am then going to email them in the middle of the night.

Ehh, his explanation is possible. Honestly, when I saw his account was created in May 2014 with 2 posts, the first thing I thought of was "oh, he created an account just to ask this...". It's probably something I would have done :P

Omg that's terrible AND brilliant at the same time!! :eek::P

blue00 could be legit. Who knows. It'd be pretty mean to ask someone to set up a recording, only to reject them.

Also, don't forget that these emails are supposed to be confidential. Us sharing them is an exception.

He may be legit, but I doubt McMaster would send the email only to accepted applicants.

Considering that no one else has not received the email, the fact that they're offering an iPad mini as a prize, and the fact that they're probably well aware that friends talk about things that are important to them (and the internet exists) all make it very unlikely they would do something like this.

Of course I could be wrong also...I suppose we'll find out tomorrow :P

blue00 could be legit. Who knows. It'd be pretty mean to ask someone to set up a recording, only to reject them.

Also, don't forget that these emails are supposed to be confidential. Us sharing them is an exception.

The fact that only one person hasn't gotten that email either means that they're making it up, or there was an error. If there were several people who didn't receive it then I would think otherwise but it just seems like a glitch!

Yeah, you guys are probably right. Still seems odd to me that they'd ask you to potentially record yourself getting rejected.

But, since it looks like everyone has received this (sans blue00), it's probably nothing. Time to find something new to overanalyze!

haha +1

10char

Yeah, you guys are probably right. Still seems odd to me that they'd ask you to potentially record yourself getting rejected.

But, since it looks like everyone has received this (sans blue00), it's probably nothing. Time to find something new to overanalyze!

The mark of a true premed.

"And kanakari?"

"Hmm...great GPA, MCAT meets cutoffs, and an excellent interview..."

"Not to mention a wonderful LoR!"

"But wait, look at this...clearly an example of unethical behaviour."

"What a pity...kanakari would have been an excellent student. Rejected, then?"

"Rejected."

:D:P

"And kanakari?"

"Hmm...great GPA, MCAT meets cutoffs, and an excellent interview..."

"Not to mention a wonderful LoR!"

"But wait, look at this...clearly an example of unethical behaviour."

"What a pity...kanakari would have been an excellent student. Rejected, then?"

"Rejected."

:D:P

The adcom is pulling an allnighter tonight deciding who they want to accept after procrastinating the past few months.

Archived