Premed 101 Forums

Date Speculation

Thats insane...although I am not sure what kind of screening could be done that would slow down the process...the trend has been increasing application numbers every year so I assume its that, but its incredibly frustrating. The bright side (for those waiting on MUN) is that we will only have to wait another 2 ish weeks for the MUN decisions if we get bad news from DAL soon................

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, Dal publishes a points system for how applications are scored. So given that everything but the interview is scored pre-interview, and then the interviewers submit their score sheets, would there be a need for a committee to make admission offers?

BTW, I wonder what's in that 5 discretionary points...

Hmm, Dal publishes a points system for how applications are scored. So given that everything but the interview is scored pre-interview, and then the interviewers submit their score sheets, would there be a need for a committee to make admission offers?

I'm assuming the Admissions Committee is who decides what to score all our Supplemental/Essay stuff?

Hopefully it's desperation as measured from the number of premed101 log-ins, comments and page refreshings. 

Applications aren't scored until after the interviews take place. That's why Dal interviews are so early. Don't know how they select OOP applicants to interview though

About the mysterious 5 percent: I read from an AAMC rep that these points are given for going above and beyond with things like publications, varsity sports, working often during undergrad, etc. I'd say that any major or significant achievement falls in that category. :)

To anyone who applied last year, do you recall where they announced that there were more applicants than in previous years? I remember learning of that pretty early on in the application process, but I can't remember where. I haven't heard that this year (has anyone else?), so I'm starting to wonder what's taking so long? I'm also wondering if this is just first time jitters for the new Admissions Committee? 

What do you mean by new admissions committee?

Oh really!? Do we know why?

Yes. Why? Do they typically elect a committee in a cycle of a few years..or was there a reason/ initiative?

I have no idea why, they announced it sometime last year. Could very well be that they elect new members every so often on a regular basis.

I have no idea why, they announced it sometime last year. Could very well be that they elect new members every so often on a regular basis.

That could explain a lot of this though, later interview notices, and this, if everyone is new this year

Archived