Premed 101 Forums

2015 Countdown

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I thought they would mention which third you are on the waitlist (start/middle/end)..guess not.

Also there was no information about when they will start to notify people on the waitlist should spots become available.

For anyone who has been accepted (first congrats!) up to what date do you have to confirm your acceptance?

pretty sure it was mentioned, first round of offers gets til the end of the month. then it was either every 2 weeks or week. i don't quite remember.

Pretty silly to not provide some form of an indication as to where you are on the list, but such is life.

i would think this year they would follow in the steps of other med schools and give people more information. u of c and u of a released early to accommodate the requirement for the new mcat2015. for the people that are wondering if they need to take it, being put on a waitlist without indication of ranking is pretty terrible.

i would think this year they would follow in the steps of other med schools and give people more information. u of c and u of a released early to accommodate the requirement for the new mcat2015. for the people that are wondering if they need to take it, being put on a waitlist without indication of ranking is pretty terrible.

I agree. Although it makes sense for the school. They never had enough OOP, so they don't know how deep they'll go this time. Telilng ppl they're in the bottom half will scare them off lol.

I agree. Although it makes sense for the school. They never had enough OOP, so they don't know how deep they'll go this time. Telilng ppl they're in the bottom half will scare them off lol.

Also, it doesn't make sense telling OOP positions if the waitlist moves fast and the positions are constantly changing. I'm willing to bet a couple dozen people already declined because of getting into Ontario schools a few days ago.

Also, it doesn't make sense telling OOP positions if the waitlist moves fast and the positions are constantly changing. I'm willing to bet a couple dozen people already declined because of getting into Ontario schools a few days ago.

Yup. And so are folks who got into UBC, UA and Calgs. We certainly hope that's the case haha. 

does this mean that 88 of the 88 IP Applicants would be sent an acceptance email by may 29 and wait list will move after few of those 88 students decline the offer? Or not all 88 students are sent acceptances in first wave?

I'm fairly certain that all 88 accepted IP applicants were sent emails with offers yesterday. When declines start rolling in (and they will), admissions will send out offers to those on the waiting list.

Archived