Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist 2015

Thought that I would start a new thread on the wait list for 2015, as it seems that the ones available are from previous years.

Not sure how it has worked in previous years but I envisioned this as a place were we can discuss movement, positions, plans for dropping off the list, plans of declining an initial offer, etc.

To start things off, I'm at position #17, and although it seems like a long shot for getting that call for an offer of admission, I have not given up hope.

I wish I was where you were, as I did not make the waitlist this year (or last year). If it helps to put things into perspective, I was waitlisted at spot #26 in the 2013 cycle. However, the list only moved to spot #19 (last person admitted). From what I know, spot #15 or higher gives you a pretty good chance of getting in. I can't say for sure how it's going to go down this year, but I wouldn't rule out being offered admission if I were you.

I've heard (anecdotally) that the list has gone as far down as 30 before. don't quote me on that though. Best wishes!

• 2 weeks later...

Waitlist closed - only moved 12 spots this year.  I think this might be the least amount of waitlist movement since I started applying to NOSM in the 2012-2013 application cycle.

My heart goes out to those that were really close - originally waitlisted #34 I wasn't getting my hopes up.

RR

Jeez, that really sucks. There goes my theory about having a solid chance of admission if you're #15 or higher on the wait-list :(

Don't despair.  The wait list will still move.  #15 is a good spot.  There are usually students who have accepted a spot, paid their deposit and then get offered a spot at a school they want more, and bail on NOSM.  I know several students who were still on the wait list when the class filled up at about #17, and still got a spot later.  The last spot filled last year went to about #21 on the wait list (maybe one or two more) and it went to at least July 15.  Don't give up hope yet.

Don't despair.  The wait list will still move.  #15 is a good spot.  There are usually students who have accepted a spot, paid their deposit and then get offered a spot at a school they want more, and bail on NOSM.  I know several students who were still on the wait list when the class filled up at about #17, and still got a spot later.  The last spot filled last year went to about #21 on the wait list (maybe one or two more) and it went to at least July 15.  Don't give up hope yet.

I didn't even make the wait-list this year. So I gave up hope almost a month ago, lol. But it's good to know my theory may still be somewhat valid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys just wanted to let you know that there is still hope for all you waitlisters! I'm extremely happy to say that I was accepted off the waitlist to the West Campus this morning! The original #14 is now the new #1.

Congrats! That's great news for you :) Thanks for letting us waitlisters know.

Archived