Premed 101 Forums

I don't think they let us know, although I really wish they did! I agree, mailing cheques makes me nervous and I want to make sure they got it. I'm guessing they also won't actually deposit any until they get all of them. I also would like to get started on all the stuff we have to do (the immunizations, CPR, etc.) sooner rather than later, but we have to wait for them to email us about that, which I think won't be until July? Oh well!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've provisionally accepted at U of T, (I'm on the Western waitlist still) and am also stressing over when to send in my check. I'll probably express post it next week. I wish they allowed us to send an e-transfer so I could stay on the waitlist a bit longer. 

I provisionally accepted U of T's PT offer and mailed my deposit last week. My package in the mail said if the deposit isn't received by June 5th you lose your spot, and provisional acceptances become firm June 5th so I just risked potentially losing the deposit if I happen to get another offer from the wait list so I didn't lose my spot due to a late deposit at U of T (although I doubt I'll get another offer, I was pretty far down the wait list). Hope this helps in some way, I know losing the deposit money would suck (if given another offer), but I would rather that than lose my spot because of a late deposit.

I provisionally accepted U of T's PT offer and mailed my deposit last week. My package in the mail said if the deposit isn't received by June 5th you lose your spot, and provisional acceptances become firm June 5th so I just risked potentially losing the deposit if I happen to get another offer from the wait list so I didn't lose my spot due to a late deposit at U of T (although I doubt I'll get another offer, I was pretty far down the wait list). Hope this helps in some way, I know losing the deposit money would suck (if given another offer), but I would rather that than lose my spot because of a late deposit.

Thanks for the advice KinPT15, I sent in my check this afternoon! Probably not the best idea to leave my OT fate in the hands of Canada Post. Feeling excited to head to U of T in the fall. :D

For those who have firm accepted: Have you received any confirmation or any more information from U of T? I just firm accepted on Saturday and am wondering if I should be expecting something soon. I mailed my deposit today.

I actually got an email today saying they got my form! Just so you know to expect it :)

Hey everyone! Just got off the waiting list and have officially accepted my offer at U of T for OT, super excited! Just wondering if someone can post the fb group on here? Couldn't find it on facebook and my email didn't have the exact link.

Hey everyone! Just got off the waiting list and have officially accepted my offer at U of T for OT, super excited! Just wondering if someone can post the fb group on here? Couldn't find it on facebook and my email didn't have the exact link.

Congrats!! That is great news! Looking forward to meeting you in the fall :)

Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/871188372926689/

I'm in the same boat. I was freaking out cause I creeped past years and it started in August and I'm away all of August. I emailed that OT O-week gmail account and they said they are still finalizing dates but as of now they are aiming to begin September 3rd and continuing into the next week during academic orientation

Thanks so much! I emailed them too but didn't hear back yet and I need to organize my life (SO much to do!) See you then! Enjoy your trip

I agree. I'm already stressed about finding a place, health forms etc. 

Thanks! Enjoy your travels too!

I would't worry too much about the health forms they are super easy to get if all your immunizations are up to date. The TB test is annoying though. 

I'm stressed about apartment hunting! 

I would't worry too much about the health forms they are super easy to get if all your immunizations are up to date. The TB test is annoying though.

I'm stressed about apartment hunting!

I already have a recent TB test so all is good. I'm so frustrated with the apartment hunt.

Archived