Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Anonymous

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oop accepted off waitlist. Will be declining. Good luck.

Accepted OOP of the waitlist as well! Will be declining :)

Congrats to both of you and god bless that this waitlist is actually moving!!!

Edit: Just out of curiosity, how long do you guys have to respond?

so by my count we should be a maximum of 69 on the waitlist (this excludes the initial 10 offers). (1 initial offer posted and declined, 1 on waitlist but removed prior to offer, 2 on waitlist offered and then declined). this totals 4 total from the initial 74 (84-10 offers) but there were two offers noted today meaning there had to be at least two declines after initial offers (as there was only 1 documented).

so by my count we should be a maximum of 69 on the waitlist (this excludes the initial 10 offers). (1 initial offer posted and declined, 1 on waitlist but removed prior to offer, 2 on waitlist offered and then declined). this totals 4 total from the initial 74 (84-10 offers) but there were two offers noted today meaning there had to be at least two declines after initial offers (as there was only 1 documented).

I'm sure a couple dozen people pulled out of the waitlist for getting into other schools too!

I'm sure a couple dozen people pulled out of the waitlist for getting into other schools too!

haha i'm sure too but i like to consider worst case scenarios (probably the researcher in me) and there's no concrete proof that they did.  :P

haha i'm sure too but i like to consider worst case scenarios (probably the researcher in me) and there's no concrete proof that they did.  :P

Holy moley me and you have began a rapidly downward spiral towards neuroticism in the recent weeks hahah. Also are you sure you're calculations are correct? Wasn't it 94 people who passed the interview of 130 interviewed, not 84?

Holy moley me and you have began a rapidly downward spiral towards neuroticism in the recent weeks hahah

Qft. Though honestly, I've been driving myself nuts too. I'm sure almost everyone who intends on accepting is putting themselves through the same mental torture.

Holy moley me and you have began a rapidly downward spiral towards neuroticism in the recent weeks hahah. Also are you sure you're calculations are correct? Wasn't it 94 people who passed the interview of 130 interviewed, not 84?

call me an optimistic cynic.  :lol:

edit: 94? ah shit. looked up the email. i dun goofed. make that 79 then. TT__TT

call me an optimistic cynic.  :lol:

Well last year, 31 people passed the interview (all eventually accepted) for 2 matriculants. Let's pray to God that the odds this year are the same.

Qft. Though honestly, I've been driving myself nuts too. I'm sure almost everyone who intends on accepting is putting themselves through the same mental torture.

You know you're neurotic when you recognize all the regulars's names and think of them as family

call me an optimistic cynic. :lol:

It really is of no consequence. The only thing that would matter is if somehow everyone on the waitlist makes it which is not a possibility. There were 8(?) people just on this forum who said they would take the spot. No way this year will be like the previous.

It really is of no consequence. The only thing that would matter is if somehow everyone on the waitlist makes it which is not a possibility. There were 8(?) people just on this forum who said they would take the spot. No way this year will be like the previous.

yeesh should have applied last year and tried to defer. i just don't want to rewrite my mcat. only uofc, uofa, and uofs will require me to take the new mcat because of new rules or it being too old (2011). i might skip applying to those 3 for one year if i don't make it in this year to give my decent score a fair shot at the other schools in canada.

I wonder if Sask will ever send out a "class is full" email, or will they keep stringing us along until mid-August?

I wonder if Sask will ever send out a "class is full" email, or will they keep stringing us along until mid-August?

they did mention they like to keep a few on the waitlist into september because of potential deaths in the incoming class.  :mellow:

Didn't think most places did that unless they planned in cutting the waitlist down to 2-3 people. I doubt sask doing that because they wouldn't know how many of the 10 they really really want are going to turn face if they get accepted elsewhere. If I had to guess, they won't do anything until mid Aug.

Sorry, but what is June 8? Where did that date come from?

Also, does anyone know how long you get to respond to an offer off the wait list? Is it also 2 weeks?

He meant he had June 8th to respond I.e 7 days. I think they lower how long people have to respond as time progresses. 14 days for the initial batch, and now 7 days.

Archived