Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Anonymous

they did mention they like to keep a few on the waitlist into september because of potential deaths in the incoming class.  :mellow:

Haha that's morbid! I still remember when at a speech by one of our teachers at graduation in high school they talked about "10 years from now" and they were like "some of you will be mothers and fathers, have careers, some of you will be dead" it was like.... :huh: isnt this supposed to be a happy celebration?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha that's morbid! I still remember when at a speech by one of our teachers at graduation in high school they talked about "10 years from now" and they were like "some of you will be mothers and fathers, have careers, some of you will be dead" it was like.... :huh: isnt this supposed to be a happy celebration?

no one i've known has died yet. makes me feel extremely sheltered. that's a crazy thought to me, that someone that was once there, just isn't. also why i've crossed oncology and paediatrics off of potential specializations.

Man I wish Sask was more open like UBC and Calgary, who tweet/blog about sending out acceptances.

Yeah, I'm quite disappointed in how Sask has been handling admissions. There's really not much reason to the secrecy. Also the insistence on not changing how they handle admissions even though there is a stark difference this year is quite annoying.

On that note, how are you guys staying sane? I'm losing my mind over this wait

Who said I was staying sane? I chew off my coworkers ears every day about this. And I must've set off some alarms at my workplace for refreshing this webpage and the com website repeatedly.

Studying for the mcat during this wait is also it's own kind of hell.

I'm not happy you guys are suffering through this, but it's nice to know I'm not alone. I had to unsubscribe from most email lists I'm on because I couldn't handle the constant rush and let-down every time my phone showed a new email.

Haps: working AND mcat AND waiting? It seems like you're handling this quite well. I had to postpone my date until September so I could study once my job ends at the end of this month. Props to you.

I'm not happy you guys are suffering through this, but it's nice to know I'm not alone. I had to unsubscribe from most email lists I'm on because I couldn't handle the constant rush and let-down every time my phone showed a new email.

Haps: working AND mcat AND waiting? It seems like you're handling this quite well. I had to postpone my date until September so I could study once my job ends at the end of this month. Props to you.

I'm writing in sept and the job is not really an option. Gotta pay the bills :) Hoping evenings and weekends will be enough. If I don't feel completely ready then I'll write it next cycle. Obviously the position we are in is not --completely-- by choice, but gotta work with what you got.

I'll be removing myself off the waitlist as I've been accepted elsewhere, hope this provides some reassurance to those on the OOP waitlist, good luck! :)

congrats! i'm happy for you and happy for us on the waitlist. likes for everybody!

Who said I was staying sane? I chew off my coworkers ears every day about this. And I must've set off some alarms at my workplace for refreshing this webpage and the com website repeatedly.

Studying for the mcat during this wait is also it's own kind of hell.

yikes! i might skip redoing the mcat this year to use my old score to its full potential. gl!

fruity_smell: odd and off topic, judging by your username, are you a (for lack of a better term) fraghead?

congrats! i'm happy for you and happy for us on the waitlist. likes for everybody!

yikes! i might skip redoing the mcat this year to use my old score to its full potential. gl!

fruity_smell: odd and off topic, judging by your username, are you a (for lack of a better term) fraghead?

not a clue what a fraghead is

ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!!@!@!@!@!@!@ Nearly dropped my phone when I saw the email. God bless all of you and good luck everyone still waiting!

Edit: WHATTTTT my email disappeared

Edit 2: Holy jesus they scared me half to death. Turns out they just had to edit the email so they retracted it for a few minutes. I thought they made a mistake.

Edit 3: Regina Campus

ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!!@!@!@!@!@!@ Nearly dropped my phone when I saw the email. God bless all of you and good luck everyone still waiting!

Edit 2: Holy jesus they scared me half to death. Turns out they just had to edit the email so they retracted it for a few minutes. I thought they made a mistake.

Congrats buddy! See you in August!

congrats! super jelly and super happy for you c:

Archived