Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Anonymous

ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!!@!@!@!@!@!@ Nearly dropped my phone when I saw the email. God bless all of you and good luck everyone still waiting!

Edit: WHATTTTT my email disappeared

Edit 2: Holy jesus they scared me half to death. Turns out they just had to edit the email so they retracted it for a few minutes. I thought they made a mistake.

Edit 3: Regina Campus

1) Congrats! That's really exciting.

2) Holy crap that's also a terrifying chain of events. I would probably throw my phone in fear if an acceptance email disappeared.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I got shafted to Regina, my first choice was sask. and I'm not sure

I believe the way they explained site assignments was your total rank within all of the accepted applicants, not just the OOP ones? Correct me if I am wrong though! I'm still going nuts here waiting for the IP waitlist to move  :blink:

I believe the way they explained site assignments was your total rank within all of the accepted applicants, not just the OOP ones? Correct me if I am wrong though! I'm still going nuts here waiting for the IP waitlist to move  :blink:

site assignments are calculated per pool. there are 6 sask spots for oop and 4 regina for oop. which is both fair and unfair at the same time haha.

For anyone still waiting, in my acceptance email, they said they expect the class to fill up some time in July.

Ah that's good to know. Did they explain why they expect that? In theory, anyone could drop their spot right up until classes start due to personal circumstances. Is "some time in July" just based on their past stats I wonder?

Yeah I got shafted to Regina, my first choice was sask. and I'm not sure

I got placed to Regina as well, I'm starting to get excited about it, getting over the fact that I have to leave my awesome apartment in Saskatoon next year.

I was in the bottom third of the waitlist and just received an offer. Regina, not Saskatoon, which was my choice. Anybody else get an email today?

congrats! and i have to say wow ip is through to bottom 1/3 already (somewhat expected i guess when you have 90 seats for 130 people)? maybe they'll go through that list and have some extra room for oop  :lol: then everyone would be happy.

Thanks everybody!

I've sent in my acceptance form and deposit. I know the package was signed for, but I haven't received a confirmation email from U of S. Have others had confirmation after accepting?

They take 24 hours to process before sending the email. Expect one Monday mid-day.

I haven't posted to any forums throughout this process but I have been reading this one for a while. I got accepted off of the wait list for IP students on the 21st of May very early in the morning so I might have been the 1st wait listed student to get an acceptance letter. I was stressed out after 6 days of waiting so I can't imagine what you guys who are still waiting must feel like. Keep your chin up, and hopefully we'll meet in August!

I haven't posted to any forums throughout this process but I have been reading this one for a while. I got accepted off of the wait list for IP students on the 21st of May very early in the morning so I might have been the 1st wait listed student to get an acceptance letter. I was stressed out after 6 days of waiting so I can't imagine what you guys who are still waiting must feel like. Keep your chin up, and hopefully we'll meet in August!

Congrats man! See you in a few weeks!

Archived