Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Anonymous

Being put on the waitlist is always an ordeal of sorts. I thought I'd start this thread as the activity has died down from the May 15th emails. We can be as off-topic as we want. Talking about this stuff probably helps makes the wait a little bit easier.

Hi, my name is Sunday and I'm on the waitlist. Please help yourself to the assorted virtual donuts and virtual coffee in the back.

Does anyone know if they wait 2 weeks and send out all the new invites at once? Or is it a trickle every time someone rejects the offer?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping that they would be sending out offers to people off the waitlist as early as this week..This is purely based on reading what people in previous years posted on premed101 (See below). This individual was placed on the waitlist on May14th, 2014 for OOP then accepted on May20th.

Time Stamp: 3:02 PM EST
Result: Waitlisted (Accepted on May 20th, will decline)
GPA: 89.96%
MCAT: 13/11/12
Interview: Felt it went really good

I was also waitlisted. How far do you guys think wait list will move this year? In the past years they have gone to middle third for sure.

Its hard to tell this year. In previous years, OOP list gets depleted fully. The IP list gets to mid third and sometimes bottom third. If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say the IP list would go to bottom third or deplete all the way and the OOP will go to mid third (though they don't release the OOP position on waitlist).

It's only been one actual business day since offers were sent out, but it feels like I've been on the waitlist forever already. Was checking my phone constantly today, have to just put it out of my mind. Got waitlisted in the top third (IP), really hope I hear something this week since on Saturday I'm going to be without internet or phone till the 29th, it will be agonizing thinking that I could have gotten an email in that time but not know it. 

It's only been one actual business day since offers were sent out, but it feels like I've been on the waitlist forever already. Was checking my phone constantly today, have to just put it out of my mind. Got waitlisted in the top third (IP), really hope I hear something this week since on Saturday I'm going to be without internet or phone till the 29th, it will be agonizing thinking that I could have gotten an email in that time but not know it. 

being top third in a 90 seat/120 remaining pool pretty much guarantees (imo) acceptance sooner or later.

drink a glass of scotch and relax c:

as for oop... the probation is helping. keeping my fingers crossed for you oop waiting on other schools c;

being top third in a 90 seat/120 remaining pool pretty much guarantees (imo) acceptance sooner or later.

drink a glass of scotch and relax c:

as for oop... the probation is helping. keeping my fingers crossed for you oop waiting on other schools c;

I like that thought. Hopefully probabation will help other OOPs accepted elsewhere make up their mind :lol:

Hi everyone!

For everyone's reference I emailed Sherrill asking about the size of the waiting list and, while they couldn't inform me of that, they were able to state they had started giving offers of admission from the waitlist as of yesterday (Thursday May 21)!

I hope this helps everyone on the waitlist (it has for me!)

Keep up that positivity and hopefully be seeing everyone this September!

Hi everyone!

For everyone's reference I emailed Sherrill asking about the size of the waiting list and, while they couldn't inform me of that, they were able to state they had started giving offers of admission from the waitlist as of yesterday (Thursday May 21)!

I hope this helps everyone on the waitlist (it has for me!)

Keep up that positivity and hopefully be seeing everyone this September!

Hi, I was wondering if it's oop wait list or IP?

I didn't think they rejected OOP if you passed interview. Also, hope people don't sit on their waitlist / acceptances if they weren't intending on accepting regardless. Here's to hoping a swift waitlist movement. Good luck to all :)

Yeah it only says standard first aid on the website but when you go for registration, you have to specify the level and I was not sure about that.

@sunday yes it is one of their requirements to have a standard first aid certificate.i think you need to have it before classes begin. You can check it on their website as well.

If anyone knows about the level then please let me know.

Archived