Premed 101 Forums

another day and still nothing. Is there any point in expecting an offer?

From previous years threads I've seen posts of people coming off the waitlist in July and even August so don't stress out too hard! It's only June 2nd... Hopefully we'll hear good news soon!

Applied: UofT, McMaster, Western (all PT)

Waitlisted: UofT (#118) and Western (top 1/3, 185 total on waitlist)

Rejected: McMaster (post-interview)

Accepted: Western PT!!!

Cum GPA: 3.75

Sub GPA: 3.86

Just received my offer off the Western waitlist! I got a phone call this afternoon, and accepted FIRM online via ORPAS. I couldn't be more thrilled!!

Congratulations to all of those people who made the waitlists. They are starting to move. Good luck! 

Hey recePTor,

Congratulations on your acceptance into Western, hard work pays off! I'm in a similar situation as you were in (waitlisted in the top 1/3) and wanted to ask you about the phone call if you don't mind.

What time did you get the phone call?

How much time did they give you to accept from the call?

If you missed the phone call, would they still update your ORPAS account with an offer of admission? 

Hey McMaster PT Wait-Listers,

I'm a first-year Mac PT student. I wish I had more info to give you, but everything I've heard is anecdotal. I've heard that a lot of my class got in off the wait-list, so don't lose hope yet. I can't say how far down it goes, but I think it's different than U of T where there are a lot of over-acceptances and few people get in from the wait-list. I also don't know how they notify you, but I would assume email over a phone call. Did they say in your May 15 email how they would contact you if you got in off the wait-list? Best of luck!

Applied: UofT, McMaster, Western, Queens, Dalhousie

Waitlisted: Western (top 1/3)

Rejected: McMaster (post-int), UofT (post-int), Queens

Accepted: Western, Dalhousie

Cum GPA: 3.70

Sub GPA: 3.86

Got the call around 3 today also and accepted right on the spot haha! Can't wait for the fall!

Hey recePTor,

Congratulations on your acceptance into Western, hard work pays off! I'm in a similar situation as you were in (waitlisted in the top 1/3) and wanted to ask you about the phone call if you don't mind.

What time did you get the phone call?

How much time did they give you to accept from the call?

If you missed the phone call, would they still update your ORPAS account with an offer of admission? 

Hey! Thanks for the congrats! 

I got the phone call around 3pm EST from Melanie at Western. She told me that I had 24 hours to respond to the offer via ORPAS. I believe that if you miss the call, the clock starts ticking. I'm not certain, but I think that they'll probably leave you a voice mail and you'll have 24 hours from the time they tried to contact you. There is no explicit updating of your ORPAS account saying that you are offered such and such spot. She tells you to go into ORPAS' SAM, click that you want to respond to an offer (all schools, all programs are listed - even if you didn't apply to them), you click on your school and program and respond with a firm or provisional acceptance! Hopefully that makes sense...

Good luck and keep your ringer on! 

Archived