Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Movement

First tier here too. Someone got in from second tier last year apparently. So, if history repeats itself, we are safe?

No one is ever safe.. since it really depends on the OOP students being declined at other schools.  IP rarely decline compared to the OOP students.

I think OOP and IP waitlist are separated, since the OOP waitlist run out after only filled 4 seats last year, the rest 6 seats went to IP and Aboriginal. This year 26 OOP interviewed with MCAT 37 to 41 and aGPA 4.15+  will them fill 10 OOP seats? I doubt, they will stay in their own province or high ranked schools first just like last year. Some OOP waitlist at other schools will accept Manitoba and pay $500 deposit to secure their seats first in May or June, once they accepted to other schools from other schools' waitlist, they will withdraw their seats at Manitoba, this could happen in June, July, August even in Sep.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody hear anything from the in province wait list? I'm assuming it's still on first tier

Pretty sure the 1st tier of the waitlist has already been exhausted. Someone who was on the 2nd tier found out about their acceptance in late June. 

Archived