Premed 101 Forums

Competitive Sports & Medicine

Western has had competitive athletes in class and I know there are some accommodations for athletes who compete at a high level, but I don't know about the extent of those accommodations. I can't see other medical schools being much more accommodating than Western though, athletics are valued here.

However, there would definitely be limits to that accommodation, especially once you reach clinical rotations in 3rd year. If you were to be accepted, the expectation would almost certainly be that you complete the program requirements and do so in the standard time frame. It wouldn't change your acceptance to school itself, but if you show signs of struggling in schools with your athletic commitments, I imagine you'd lose those accommodations pretty quickly.

Western has had competitive athletes in class and I know there are some accommodations for athletes who compete at a high level, but I don't know about the extent of those accommodations. I can't see other medical schools being much more accommodating than Western though, athletics are valued here.

However, there would definitely be limits to that accommodation, especially once you reach clinical rotations in 3rd year. If you were to be accepted, the expectation would almost certainly be that you complete the program requirements and do so in the standard time frame. It wouldn't change your acceptance to school itself, but if you show signs of struggling in schools with your athletic commitments, I imagine you'd lose those accommodations pretty quickly.

Deleted.

Archived