Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta Ot

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also got accepted to U of A OT today! My sub gpa was 3.73. 

OT16hopeful....my email said "dear applicant" as well, which of course means I'm stressing out thinking they could have sent it to the wrong person or something haha. I want something official with my name on it! lol

OT16hopeful....my email said "dear applicant" as well, which of course means I'm stressing out thinking they could have sent it to the wrong person or something haha. I want something official with my name on it! lol

OMG we think alike. I was like why is this email so generic, I want my name stamped on it!

Edit: My subGPA is 3.82.

Congratulations!! What's the deadline for you to accaept the offer? I haven't heard anything yet.

Does it just say dear applicant on yours?

Mine says "Dear Applicant" as well.

If you don't hear back anything now does that mean I have been rejected or does it mean I have to wait and findout in mid May regarding my application status?

This is what I found on their website, so it seems as though there are batches of acceptances:

"Students with a very strong GPA (3.8+) and overall application will be recommended for acceptance or conditional acceptance by the end of April of the admission year. The remaining applicants will be advised of their status from mid-late May, mid-late June etc., through August of the admission year, depending on how the application was ranked during the application review process.  So, if you don't hear from us at the end of April, your application will be reviewed again in May, then June and so on.  Normally all admissions and refusals are completed and a waiting list created by the end of June."

Hoping you get some good news soon! 

Congratulations!! What's the deadline for you to accaept the offer? I haven't heard anything yet.

The deadline isn't specified in the e-mail, but it states that successful applicants will receive further information by post.

I was accepted too! So excited!!

Does it just say dear applicant on yours?

Yes, my email just said "Dear Applicant" like others mentioned. I had a mini panic-attack because I thought they sent it to the wrong person, but it looks like the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research will be sending a more formal email in the next few weeks.

To the people who got in, congratulations! What were your gpas? I'm stressing so hard over here!

My subGPA is 3.95.

If you don't hear back anything now does that mean I have been rejected or does it mean I have to wait and findout in mid May regarding my application status?

No it does not mean you have been rejected. If you have been rejected I am pretty sure you would receive a letter/email stating so. 

I also got my acceptance letter yesterday! Can't wait to get the official package via mail!

Is it typical for students to be admitted who weren't wait listed in the first round of offers? 

I think I was placed on the waitlist the last time I applied little later after the first round of offers. If you haven't been rejected, you may still be have a chance.

Archived