Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta Ot

I got off the waitlist today too! When I called a few weeks ago, I had been told that I was "nearing the middle" of the waitlist though. I can't describe how happy I am as it's my second time applying. See you in September if you're going!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard back about there placement in the Calgary or Edmonton campus? I know they said we should know our campus placement by the end of the month. Just curious to see if anyone has heard anything yet. 

Did you ask to be placed in Calgary? I think the default is Edmonton campus, unless you ask for Calgary.

The OTPDC has set up a Facebook page for incoming students to the Occupational Therapy program at the University of Alberta to receive social updates, ask questions about the program, find housing options, and begin to communicate with their soon-to-be classmates! Students can either search "U of A Occupational Therapy Class of 2018" on Facebook, or follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1210063819013155/

Congratulations to all, and welcome to the program! 

I got an email I got into OT off the waitlist at 1:34PM today. When I called in a couple weeks ago I was told I was in the top quarter of the waitlist.

Hi, Congrats! If you don't mind sharing do you know what your GPA was applying? And are you out of province or in province? I'm currently waitlisted so just trying to get a feel for things.

Hi, Congrats! If you don't mind sharing do you know what your GPA was applying? And are you out of province or in province? I'm currently waitlisted so just trying to get a feel for things.

I believe my sGPA was around 3.75 and I am in province, graduated from the UofA for my Bachelors. Have you called in to find out your approximate rankings yet?

I believe my sGPA was around 3.75 and I am in province, graduated from the UofA for my Bachelors. Have you called in to find out your approximate rankings yet?

Thanks for sharing. I haven't called in yet, but was thinking to do so. Thanks and congratulations once again!

Yes, I asked to be placed in Calgary! 

Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to go for Calgary campus? Is it just based on location?

And I don't think you have anything to worry about getting into Calgary, because I remember reading that everyone who applied to Calgary got in last year.

Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to go for Calgary campus? Is it just based on location?

And I don't think you have anything to worry about getting into Calgary, because I remember reading that everyone who applied to Calgary got in last year.

There are a couple of reasons. I've heard great things about the Calgary location and I am also interested in experiencing a smaller class atmosphere.

I'm travelling from the East Coast as well so moving to either Edmonton or Calgary is still going to be a big move. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to change your decision later on in the summer regarding your choice of Edmonton or Calgary campus?

I think it is possible. even though i did it for PT, i think it is similar for OT. but u should do it before school starts or asap. 

Anyone else have their bear tracks updated stating "conditional admission", and then saying that the conditions are outlined in the official email that "has been sent to you"??? I haven't received any emails lately

Mine still says "decision pending". Did you take prereqs in the Winter term this year?

The OTPDC has set up a Facebook page for incoming students to the Occupational Therapy program at the University of Alberta to receive social updates, ask questions about the program, find housing options, and begin to communicate with their soon-to-be classmates! Students can either search "U of A Occupational Therapy Class of 2018" on Facebook, or follow this link: https://www.facebook...10063819013155/

Congratulations to all, and welcome to the program! 

I received my second formal admission letter in my email yesterday, my status on Beartrack has changed to "Conditional Admission" and I am able to enrol in classes now!

Same here! Have you started enrolling for classes yet? I think we need to contact the department first don't we?

Archived