Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta Ot

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone received confirmation on whether they've received our deposit?

Check your bank statements. My cheque was processed last week. I didn't receive any notification but at least I know my cheque's been processed.

Hi everyone! I'm just recently finding the forums. I was accepted during the initial round for UofA as well. I made my final decision today to choose UofA. So excited to meet you all. Congrats to everyone accepted so far to the OT program. I was curious if anyone has started a FB group for the class yet? It would be nice to start a group so that we can get familiar with names and faces :)

Hi everyone! I'm just recently finding the forums. I was accepted during the initial round for UofA as well. I made my final decision today to choose UofA. So excited to meet you all. Congrats to everyone accepted so far to the OT program. I was curious if anyone has started a FB group for the class yet? It would be nice to start a group so that we can get familiar with names and faces :)

Hello and welcome!

Regarding the FB group, I believe it's "U of A Occupational Therapy Class of 2018",  created by the UofA administrative staff. :)

Although I will be going into PT (our page does not seem that active right now), I was wondering if I could get any insight on how everyone is looking for housing? I'm from OOP, so it might be a tad more difficult. ):

I'm from out of the province as well, so I'm running into the same issues. Will you be attending school at the Edmonton location? There are a few housing options available through the school for Edmonton. I've personally been looking on sites like kijiji for apartments near campus as well.

I'm from out of the province as well, so I'm running into the same issues. Will you be attending school at the Edmonton location? There are a few housing options available through the school for Edmonton. I've personally been looking on sites like kijiji for apartments near campus as well.

I'm just going to message you directly instead (: But yes, I will be in Edmonton.

Got it yesterday. Not 100% sure of GPA because i did my undergrad at a school in the States, so not certain of the conversions. Also unfortunately they don't give any info on your placement on the list so I have no idea how far down I am.

If you call in to ask, the assistant will give you your approximate place.

I got an email I got into OT off the waitlist at 1:34PM today. When I called in a couple weeks ago I was told I was in the top quarter of the waitlist.

I got off the waitlist today too! When I called a few weeks ago, I had been told that I was "nearing the middle" of the waitlist though. I can't describe how happy I am as it's my second time applying. See you in September if you're going!

I got an email I got into OT off the waitlist at 1:34PM today. When I called in a couple weeks ago I was told I was in the top quarter of the waitlist.

I got off the waitlist today too! When I called a few weeks ago, I had been told that I was "nearing the middle" of the waitlist though. I can't describe how happy I am as it's my second time applying. See you in September if you're going!

Congrats to you both! Such exciting news :)

Congrats to you all! See you both in September!

Has anyone receive additional packages/emails from U of A after the initial acceptance letter yet? I just want to get all the stuff I need to do out of the way as soon as possible.

I have only received my acceptance letter so far!

Has anyone receive additional packages/emails from U of A after the initial acceptance letter yet? I just want to get all the stuff I need to do out of the way as soon as possible.

No, but the formal admission letter in the mail states that all further communication will be conducted via email.

What we can do now is get our immunization record ready, so we will know what we are missing when they inform us about the immunization requirement. Also, if you don't have your First Aid CPR/AED HCP level or it is more than a year old (the program requires you to renew the certificate every year regardless of when it expires), you should find time to get it done before school commences in September.

Archived