Premed 101 Forums

University Of Alberta Ot

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did you get the wait list email? Today? I haven't heard anything yet.

Got it yesterday. Not 100% sure of GPA because i did my undergrad at a school in the States, so not certain of the conversions. Also unfortunately they don't give any info on your placement on the list so I have no idea how far down I am.

Hey guys, I got a waitlist email yesterday from U of A. I have a cGPA 3.54 and a sGPA 3.58, both per ORPAS. 

Is it typical for students to be admitted who weren't wait listed in the first round of offers? 

On the waitlist email that I received, it said that the waitlist was 100 people long and that they cannot disclose ranking information. However, they admitted just over half of the applicants on the waiting list before classes started in September last year...fingers crossed! 

Congratulations to those accepted :)

Those who got wait listed, does anybody know if all the 100 waitlisted applicants have been informed already? I still haven't heard anything from U of A. Since it's the weekend I'm not expecting any email from U of A. I'm wondering if rejection email are being sent out as well. It's been such a long wait!

Those who got wait listed, does anybody know if all the 100 waitlisted applicants have been informed already? I still haven't heard anything from U of A. Since it's the weekend I'm not expecting any email from U of A. I'm wondering if rejection email are being sent out as well. It's been such a long wait!

they did not say. Here is the letter I received

Dear OT Applicant;

Your application has been reviewed and you have been placed on the 100-seat waiting list.  We do not disclose waiting list ranking, but know that last year we admitted just over half of the the applicants on the waiting list by the time classes started in September.

You will be offered admission once an applicant who has been admitted declines the offer of admission, which can happen at any point from May 1st up to the end of August.  Any offer of admission will be sent to this e-mail address.

Please contact us AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if, at any time over the coming weeks and months, you decide to cancel your seat on the waiting list.  We appreciate your consideration of others on the waiting list.

--

Department of Occupational Therapy

University of Alberta

i was waitlisted and my sGPA is 3.7/4 and cGPA is 3.78. However, I am out of province 

Wow, congrats! that's a pretty good GPA, doubt you'll be on that list for too much longer. Something tells me I'm going to be here for a while :/ 

Best of luck to everyone!

For those that have been admitted, have you received an official letter in the mail? I'm worried about the deposit deadline. 

I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm from BC. I believe official letters are going to be sent out by the end of April. Mine said that the official letter of admission will be mailed out by the end of April. So I wouldn't worry about it yet.

I got my official letter via mail today, the letter was dated on April 26. I live right in Edmonton so for those who live in other cities it might take a couple more days.

There are 3 pages in the letter. First page is the official admission letter, it says "if you do not confirm by May 16, 2016 your position will be offered to another applicant". So for those of you waitlisted, the admission office will most likely send out offers after that date.

The second page is the Confirmation of Admission form, it asks you to pay your confirmation deposit ($175).

And the last page is the Calgary Cohort Intent to Attend form.

I got my official letter via mail today, the letter was dated on April 26. I live right in Edmonton so for those who live in other cities it might take a couple more days.

There are 3 pages in the letter. First page is the official admission letter, it says "if you do not confirm by May 16, 2016 your position will be offered to another applicant". So for those of you waitlisted, the admission office will most likely send out offers after that date.

The second page is the Confirmation of Admission form, it asks you to pay your confirmation deposit ($175).

And the last page is the Calgary Cohort Intent to Attend form.

Thanks for the info OT16hopeful! I guess for those of us not in Edmonton have to wait for the mails to get to us. If you don't mind me asking tho, is there a separate deadline for confirmation deposit?

Is anyone waiting on Ontario schools decision to be released on May 20th before deciding which school to attend? I'd be thrilled to attend UofA of course, but I still prefer to stay closer to home. If the $175 deposit is due on May 16 is it best to just pay it to save your spot even though it's non-refundable?

I'm really hoping the deposit is due after May 20th.. that way we can consider our option(s).

Thanks for the info OT16hopeful! I guess for those of us not in Edmonton have to wait for the mails to get to us. If you don't mind me asking tho, is there a separate deadline for confirmation deposit?

I don't think so, since the way you confirm is by paying the confirmation deposit. So you have to mail in your check by the deadline.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone admitted to U of A OT heard anything since sending their deposit? I know they say they will contact you if they don't receive it but it just makes me nervous that theres no confirmation! Hopefully I haven't missed anything.

I haven't heard anything!

Has anyone admitted to U of A OT heard anything since sending their deposit? I know they say they will contact you if they don't receive it but it just makes me nervous that theres no confirmation! Hopefully I haven't missed anything.

I haven't heard anything!

Did they bank your cheque?

Archived