Premed 101 Forums

2016 Waitlist Support Thread

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Accepted off the waitlist this morning! I am leaning towards another school just because of the start date, but I'm going to give it a little thought before deciding. Hopefully everyone else gets some good news!

Congrats! Are you IP? 

I declined my offer from U of C today and accepted U of A. So there is one more spot for your wait listers! I am IP 3rd year UG. Not sure if Calgary has a specific waitlist for 3rd years. But good luck to everyone on the waitlist!! 

From this forum i know offers have gone out wednesday and friday. Can't help but assume majority of offers have already gone out. :(

Right there with you. But it looks like UofA has yet to send out any waitlist offers - hopefully some people will be holding out on those before declining a waitlist offer from UofC. 

I met a guy during interviews who got off the waitlist quite late... I want to say 2 days before school started but I might be exaggerating. He might have said less than two weeks before school started. Either way, it was rather late in the game! So there is definitely a reason to still have hope :)

Received an offer off the waitlist May 25 that I deferred for Leaders in Medicine.  That's at least one more spot that may go to one of you!

The point is to not lose hope for successful admission quite yet.  There are still a number of factors that influence waitlist movement even this late in the application cycle.  One thing to consider is that there are always a few people that accept their offer, pay the deposit and then get off the wait list at an OOP school later in the summer.  In this scenario they forfeit both their deposit and spot, effectively allowing for continued waitlist movement.  I personally know of a few people that got in very late (early July/~2 weeks before classes) in previous cycles likely as a result of this process.

The deadline to accept offers from the first round was May 27 and offers from waitlist was May 30.  As a few people have already mentioned, there's a good chance we will see more action on Monday.   Hang tough and best of luck to all of you!

It's still early in the waitlist process. Especially considering U of A won't be sending out offers until Monday which people will likely have a week to respond to. Ontario waitlists are also currently moving.

There are still likely many people with multiple offers at this point.

Archived