Premed 101 Forums

2016 Mcat Testing Centre Experiences (Ontario)

Presh

I'm planning to write in September and am wondering what testing centre those of you who have written this year used. What were your experiences like?

I wrote CARS last year at the Prometric Satellite Centre in London and didn't have a great experience because the cubicles were very small so I could see the person beside me. It felt a bit cramped. 

Thank you for any feedback you can offer!

I wrote at the Academy of Learning in Hamilton - the test room was fine, but the staff were quite terrible at giving instructions. Lots of us spent our first 10-minute break sitting at the computer and got in trouble when trying to take the lunch break because we didn't know how/where to sign out.

I wrote at the yorkland prometric. Parking was terrible because it's so limited. The staff were great and walked you through everything and sign in was great. Only complaint is that the exam room faced the street so sometimes you would hear a motorcycle go by or a very loud car.

Whatever you do dont write at 2061 McCowan Road.

No Air conditioning, although the staff are very nice - they leave the f*n door open to the exams after they check up on people and then you can hear everyone talking in the lunch room which is situated directly beside the exam rooms.

To compensate for the 30+ degrees in the room they placed a fan behind me and everytime the fan would rotate it would blow the cardboard thing on the sides of the desk and would make it slam into my computer screen.

Ended up holding up the cardboard thing during my CARS section, and overall the exam went really well I thought.

So don't let the worst of your test experiences ruin the test for you, I was not going to let anything distract me, so I remained focused and gave it my all.

Archived