Premed 101 Forums

Duration Of Awards

Neoo

Hi All,

In the awards section of the ABS, there is a space that asks for the duration of the award. For some awards, this makes sense (like NSERC USRA/summer studentships) where the duration is usually from May-Aug. But what about for awards that I just receive on one day?

For example, if I got an award on a specific date for achieving the highest grade in a course, what would the duration be? Or if I got an award for scoring high in a math contest, what would the duration be? What about for achieving the Dean's List? For these, should I just put down Not Applicable in the duration section or what?

Thank you. I appreciate any help!  :)

sounds logical :) I mean the admins "get it" and are used to interpreting these things. 

If it's an award given yearly, I set the duration as 1 year. For the Dean's List, I would put the duration as however long you've been on the list for (1 year, 2 years...?). I hope that helps!

Hi

Thank you for the responses. So, if there is an award that I get on one particular day (for getting a high score on a math test, for example), should I just put the date as May 2015-May 2015 (for example), and put nothing in the duration section (or "Not applicable")? I am not sure what the duration of the award will be if I was just given the award once and there is no particular duration (It's just a certificate for achieving a high score in math)

I won a science contest a couple years ago as well, and I put "1 Year" in the duration box since the contest was yearly. Like rmorelan said though, as long as you're clear and it's easy to interpret, it should be fine! I've also heard of people setting the dates for awards as the same. So, they just included the day they received the award in the "to", and then put the same date in the "from".

I won a science contest a couple years ago as well, and I put "1 Year" in the duration box since the contest was yearly. Like rmorelan said though, as long as you're clear and it's easy to interpret, it should be fine! I've also heard of people setting the dates for awards as the same. So, they just included the day they received the award in the "to", and then put the same date in the "from".

Thanks for clarifying!

Archived