Premed 101 Forums

Low Pat, Any Point In Applying To Schulich (Uwo) Or U Of T?

Like the title says I didn't do so great on the PAT. Here are my scores:

RC: 22 - 74th percentile
Bio: 24 - 89th percentile
GC: 23 - 92nd percentile
PAT: 17 - 24th percentile clear.png
TS: 23 - 92nd percentile
AA: 23 - 90th percentile

I was wondering if anyone thinks there is a point in applying to Schulich dentistry given in there FAQ section it says "For the past several years, a score of at least 18/30 or higher has been required, although this minimum score on the DAT is subject to change depending on the quality of the applicant pool. " I wasn't able to find out if U of T has a similar policy, so any clarification would really help.

Thanks in advance! 

I was wondering if anyone thinks there is a point in applying to Schulich dentistry given in there FAQ section it says "For the past several years, a score of at least 18/30 or higher has been required, although this minimum score on the DAT is subject to change depending on the quality of the applicant pool. " I wasn't able to find out if U of T has a similar policy, so any clarification would really help.

Thanks in advance! 

This would depend on your GPA for U of T and % for Western

Thanks in advance! 

UWO only looks at your RC score and AA post interview so you're fine. Depending on your GPA, you may also get an interview at UofT

The website still says this so are you referring to next years application cycle?

Currently, we do not utilize the results of the Perceptual Ability or Manual Dexterity sections of the test in our admissions process.

What does UWO look for pre-interview, in determining who gets interviews? 

For UofT, I think you might be able to get an interview, but that will highly depend on your GPA. Maybe try looking at the UofT interview and acceptance threads? For Schulich, it didn't matter for last cycle. I think it might change this year regarding how they select interview candidates (this is my assumption based on the prof's comments). If you can afford it though, I would apply, you never know!

Thanks for the info, just confirmed with western and they said that section of the FAQ section was meant only for RC to be at least 18/30. My GPA for all 4 years was a 3.75 (still need to do the calculation for the two best years, but it should be around 3.80-3.90 range). I'm going to apply regardless to U of T as well, like shm said you never know!

Sorry, I can't remember. It was low though as I didn't even bother answering the questions. I just randomly filled in answers so I could take a break for the next session. It didn't seem to effect my application though so Western doesn't look at it all. 

Ok, because I'm aiming to get about 16 on the PAT and I'm not studying for one section. Did you get below 15? 

• 1 month later...

Archived