Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums

University of Toronto Waitlist - 2018


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vendar said:

It should have started as they called people yesterday to confirm or reject

Also note that last year the wait list closed a couple days after the deadline! But I hope there is more movement this year :)!

Are you saying they filled their spots completely just a few days after the initial offer deadline last year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, jfdes said:

Are you saying they filled their spots completely just a few days after the initial offer deadline last year?

Yes because they over-accept (like accept some of the "waitlist" during initial offers) in anticipation of declines. Risky estimations imo lol but does help students plan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2018 at 6:29 PM, Vendar said:

Based on my understanding , UT over accepts (i.e. 308 offers sent out the first date). Then wait lists moves a couple spots.

I think last year the waitlist closed for most applicants a couple days after the two week deadline

There is no way they send out 308 offers on the first day lol. With that many offers, they would run a huge risk of over-accepting. 308 is the number of offers they send out in total, including offers to people off of the waitlist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Blasé said:

There is no way they send out 308 offers on the first day lol. With that many offers, they would run a huge risk of over-accepting. 308 is the number of offers they send out in total, including offers to people off of the waitlist.

This is how I interpreted it unless they truly send out more than they can take to get the best applicants possible. Some other health programs do that but I suppose dealing with over capacity isn't as big of a problem for them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eudaimonia said:

This is how I interpreted it unless they truly send out more than they can take to get the best applicants possible. Some other health programs do that but I suppose dealing with over capacity isn't as big of a problem for them 

They probably do send out more offers than available seats on the first day, but I doubt it's that many more. The difference between candidates a few spots apart on the waitlist are probably very minimal in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blasé said:

They probably do send out more offers than available seats on the first day, but I doubt it's that many more. The difference between candidates a few spots apart on the waitlist are probably very minimal in the first place.

Yeah if they did overaccept, it wasn't 308 initial offers since there's no way they estimate that accurately. Maybe an extra 10ish seats and the rest is from the waitlist 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...