Premed 101 Forums
nextOT

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline forum 2019

Applied: PT  UBC, McMaster, Toronto, Dalhousie, Queens, Western, Alberta

Rejected: UBC, Toronto, Dalhousie, Queens, Alberta, Western

Accepted: Mac PT

GPA: sGPA (3.73), cGPA (3.50)

super excited to be starting at mac PT. Shows you can get in with a little bit lower of a GPA!

I just received an offer from Western University that I will be accepting! I was in the top section of the waitlist, don’t loose hope if you are on the waitlist!! This was also my second year applying and I received a waitlist at UBC as well where my first year I had just received rejections. 

All the best to those reapplying and those on waitlist! 

Hi guys,

For those of you who'll try again next year, either for OT or PT, I'm pretty sure that some of you guyz are pretty good in French and should consider applying in the French speaking Universities in Québec. I've read a lot of messages here stating that people are up to their third or fourth attemps. The programs here are either 4 or 4 1/2 years, it's a bit longer than other canadian Universities, but you should consider applying at Université de Montréal, Université Laval or Université de Sherbrooke (I graduated from that University myself and am now a teacher there as well as a clinician taking interns at the hospital I work at). There are some reserved places for OOP applicants (most years, they're not even filled since ROC students fear applying because of the language barrier, which isn't that big of a deal... some anglophones studied with us and they were sufficient enough in French to do well in all courses).

If you have questions about what I'm saying here, don't hesitate to contact me, I'll tell you a bit more about this!

Good luck to all of you guys!!

On 8/7/2019 at 1:06 AM, PT02 said:

Anyone starting PT this fall know if we should be studying or preparing in some way? Kin wasn't my major and im feeling a bit anxious 

A 2nd year student in the  PT program that I'll be starting this fall told me that you should just relax and enjoy your summer (this was said to me sometime in July) and not to worry about taking additional courses to prepare.