Premed 101 Forums

UofT 2019 Application Discussion Thread

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mothernature said:

I wrote an academic explanations essay too. Two of my other friends who wrote them haven’t heard anything. Four of my friends who didn’t write them got interviews. This is probably just because they had higher gpa so they didn’t have to write them (and got interviews b/c their high gpa contributed) and this is a v small sample size but I’m kind of curious now if they do those who wrote AEE near the end? Probably not, but has anybody who wrote an AEE got an interview so far?

I wrote one, but it wasn't to explain bad grades but rather to make sure they knew I was in a co-op program so they could still apply the wGPA to my application. I interviewed with them March 2nd

2 minutes ago, reallytryingoutherefam said:

Just spoke to someone from the Admissions Office. Said if you haven’t heard, keep your head up. There is still hope!! 

Oh lord...haha I am trying so so so hard to have realistic expectations right now...I really really don't want to get my hopes up...

7 hours ago, MD.VA said:

It's the same thing every year tbh. The big wave of rejections (including mine) came out March 16 last year.

I think the last two years, a wave of rejections was sent out March 7th and then a wave of acceptances on March 8th followed by another wave of rejections on March 13th and a wave of acceptances on March 14th with a final wave of rejections on March 16th (Yes, I am neurotic, haha)...Maybe it was the same this year and people are not posting but forum seems unusually quiet this year...Feels like UofT will be sending out 2000 rejections today and them saying 'If you haven't heard, keep your head up' is honestly killing me. I'd mentally accepted a rejection and now I can feel a glimper of hope no matter how hard I'm trying to suppress it :(

If they send out an application feedback survey like most schools, I'm probably going to express all these feelings about how awful their process is compared to other schools. I hope everyone does the same so they change for next year and give more frequent updates.

11 minutes ago, hiyayosup said:

I think the last two years, a wave of rejections was sent out March 7th and then a wave of acceptances on March 8th followed by another wave of rejections on March 13th and a wave of acceptances on March 14th with a final wave of rejections on March 16th (Yes, I am neurotic, haha)...Maybe it was the same this year and people are not posting but forum seems unusually quiet this year...Feels like UofT will be sending out 2000 rejections today and them saying 'If you haven't heard, keep your head up' is honestly killing me. I'd mentally accepted a rejection and now I can feel a glimper of hope no matter how hard I'm trying to suppress it :(

Your chances now are the same as they were  before every wave, the time they send it doesn't mean anything. I speak from experience, a rejection is not the end of the world. People on this forum have applied for 5 cycles before they even received 1 interview. Seeing as you had an interview elsewhere, you're very fortunate in that aspect so hold your head up! 

1 hour ago, Monocyte said:

Your chances now are the same as they were  before every wave, the time they send it doesn't mean anything. I speak from experience, a rejection is not the end of the world. People on this forum have applied for 5 cycles before they even received 1 interview. Seeing as you had an interview elsewhere, you're very fortunate in that aspect so hold your head up! 

Yes you're right. I'm just being obsessive :(

Admission blog update:

March 2019

Our first round of MD/PhD offers has been sent out. Applicants who did not receive an offer to the combined MD/PhD program are still being considered for the MD program. MPI invitations are still being released for our remaining interview dates. Please note that invitations could be sent up to 3 business days prior to the MPI Day (see our interview schedule here).

We are unable to share updates regarding an applicant’s status by phone or by email. All admission decisions (invitations and refusals) will be sent by email as soon as a decision has been reached for an applicant file. Our next wave of notifications is expected to be released during the week of March 18th.

2 minutes ago, crazybananas411 said:

U of T Update: " Our next wave of notifications is expected to be released during the week of March 18th."

Looks like we have to wait a little longer...

'' Please note that invitations could be sent up to 3 business days prior to the MPI Day ''  may be for some waiting will be  till April 4th :(

1 minute ago, bulwreck said:

So at this point has everyone's file been reviewed and they have a pile that they are going to invite next week?

I think next week will likely be the final set of invitations, and those who are not rejected in the massive wave are likely being held onto in case there is a last minute cancellation. 

8 minutes ago, hiyayosup said:

Apparently some people have received rejections already but seems like the big wave of rejection is yet to happen. 

Yes, people have recieved rejections, although the last friend I heard from was around a month ago. Traditionally, there is a massive wave if rejections around this time. According to that update, it will be sometime next week (hopefully early in the week, waiting sucks).

Archived