Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

RESULT: Waitlist

GPA:

cGPA: 3.54. Got an F and a D in first semester so huge upward trend (nothing lower than A- in last 2 years).

MCAT: PS- 13 VR- 13 BS- 12

ECs: Typical hospital ones (few years), itsy bitsy amount of research, and lots of work experience. Graduated last year and have just been working.

Interview: By far, this was my best interview. It felt just like what I had practiced and I really thought I had nailed it.

I will be pulling out of the waitlist in favour of Queen's. Congrats to everyone accepted!

TIME STAMP: 3:15 pm, May 13th

Result: Wait-listed

Interview Date: March 29th

Program: MD

cGPA: 3.90

MCAT: 10VR

Interview: Thought they went well except for 2-3 stations.

Accepted at the University of Toronto, my first choice. I'm no longer on the wait-list for McMaster.

Good luck to everyone else!

Accepted off the waitlist at 11:06am for the Waterloo campus (my second choice of campuses at my preferred school)!

Would anyone who would prefer Waterloo but is accepted for the Hamilton campus in the next few days consider trying to convince Mac to let us swap? :) I'm sure the waitlist dynamics will mean that such a person exists.

For the record

MCAT V: 13

GPA: 3.87

Loads of research, three publications, a masters in chemistry, but pretty sparse volunteer activities.

Accepted off the waitlist to Hamilton campus!!

OOP

Time-stamp: 2:04 pm yesterday (May 29)

GPA: 3.90

VR: 11

Interview: Felt iffy about ~2 stations but the rest seemed to go decently well. Was a bit fatigued nearing the end. Nothing super unexpected

CASPer: Didn't prepare for it but felt it went well. A little rushed for time but got several main points down for each question

Overall, was a bit disappointed to be waitlisted initially but I suppose that doesn't matter now, haha :P . I do realize it's very competitive and I am very happy to have been admitted in the end. I've been a long-time lurker since a couple days before May 13...because the forum has been so helpful, I thought I'd finally register and post my stats. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and see y'all this fall! Good luck to people still on the waitlist! And to those who were sent regrets - I was semi-operating on that assumption for the past while so I know what that uncertainty feels like...but all the luck for next year.

Accepted off the waitlist to Hamilton campus!!

IP

Time-stamp: June 12 at 9:29 AM

GPA: 3.97

VR: 12

Interview: I thought it went well except for one station. As I thought about it more, I felt worse and worse but I suppose that's bound to happen when you have months to think about each question instead of two minutes.

The deadline to accept is June 21st, and this is my only offer so far so I will most likely be accepting!

Good luck to everyone still waiting! I know this is an excruciating wait, but this is a sign that the list is still moving!

A little late to post, but hopefully this helps future applicants.

Accepted to Waterloo campus, off of the wait-list on May 26. Rejected offer.

IP

GPA = 3.94

MCAT VR = 11

Interview thoughts: felt pretty good about most stations. I can definitely improve on my MMI, but I had fun nonetheless.

Good luck to all still on the wait-list!

• 10 months later...

Accepted!

Time-stamp: May 12, 8:17 AM EST
GPA: 3.81 (strong upward trend...messed up 1st year!)
VR: 10
Interview: I felt pretty great about most stations but also felt that I just sort of answered the questions without providing many personal examples. I guess it worked out in the end! 
CASPer: I felt pretty good about most parts of CASPer...read Doing Right cover to cover and I am pretty quick at typing  ;) 

Will likely decline offer in favor of Ottawa so the waitlist may move! Congrats all !